NPCs no longer wandering on the sidewalks of my houses

by GhostFreeek

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NPCs no longer wandering on the sidewalks of my houses

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Honor 9N
OS Version 9
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Absence of NPCs on the sidewalks of our houses.
What do you expect to see? Seeing NPCs roaming on the sidewalks of my house lots
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country India

It has been 6 months since NPCs are not wandering  around the sidewalks of any of my houses. In a typical normal game,NPCs are seen on the sidewalks in front the players' houses,but it has been a lot of time this is not occurring around any of my lots.I have 3 lots- Landgraaab,324 Emerald Drive and Edgewater Quay. I can only see NPCs in the districts,but not even one around any of my house lots

Message 1 of 10 (765 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NPCs no longer wandering on the sidewalks of my houses

Community Manager (retired)

Removing sims from the lots has worked for some people, you say one of your houses has a total of 10 Sims, I would start there. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (636 Views)

All Replies

Hi @GhostFreeek! The amount of NPC's you get depends also on how many Sims there are in your game, there is a maximum amount of population that the game allows and if you have a lot of Sims it may stop it to call extra NPC'S. 

Message 2 of 10 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@EA_DragonsEye  Well, I have 3 house lots containing 10,6 and 7 sims respectively as in the msg above. I might have been convinced if it were only about landgraab bcoz of the no. of sims, but the other 2 are keeping me puzzled.

Edit:typo

Message 3 of 10 (707 Views)

Hero

@GhostFreeek 

I believe the total number of Sims in your game includes not only your own NPCs and active Sims but also all the NPCs from workplaces, all the townies and eventually NPCs you have removed from your household. This last category includes all the NPCs you have removed from the family portrait.

Is this right @EA_DragonsEye ? Are Sims that we retire by using the retirement button removed from our games or are they also included in this count?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 10 (679 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SalixCat Even if we agree about the NPC thing,there should atleast be some sims-maybe other players' or normal ones who walk around the footpaths right?
Message 5 of 10 (669 Views)

Hero
@GhostFreeek Other players' Sims stopped walking by our Sims houses a long time ago... more than two years ago.

Btw, other players' Sims are part of the great total of Sims in our games.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 10 (654 Views)

The ones retired with the retirement button tend to be around so they count as NPC's

Message 7 of 10 (646 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_DragonsEye So what do I do now to get the NPCs back around my house?
Message 8 of 10 (637 Views)

Removing sims from the lots has worked for some people, you say one of your houses has a total of 10 Sims, I would start there. 

Message 9 of 10 (637 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_DragonsEye Aight,thanks
Message 10 of 10 (628 Views)