Original Post

NPCs dialogue trouble and more

★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Main location of the game, Fort Tarsis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)  29/04/20-30/04/20 ( and also in the previous period) (last time:15:00/16:30 GMT+2)
Summarize your bug For the entire duration of the game there are missing a lot of dialogues with several npcs (like Mora, Nadira, and Amal) in Fort Tarsis, which instead were present the first time I played. The game was not finished the first time i played it for a change of console, and therefore I started again from the beginning with the new one. (note: the various accumulated faction points remained unchanged)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think it is enough to face a new game after one has already been started and played for more than half, without however it having been completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPCs are totally absent (like Mora, in the early stage of the game, and Nadira) and they never appear for the duration of the entire game or it's impossible to interact with them (like Amal in the bar), not having the opportunity to face any conversation with them.
What should be happening instead? Assuming that the game resumed from the beginning, one would expect a completeness of the title, with all the dialogues available.

This problem does not seem solvable by deleting the system files and reinstalling the game on the console. In addition, various tests were carried out, restarting the game more than once, but always having the same problem.

Message 1 of 8 (2,033 Views)

Re: NPCs dialogue trouble and more

@barzyboy   what you're saying is a bit confusing.....you restarted the game with a new pilot from the start so you must still have the first pilot you started with.....you say you changed console but you must be playing with the same account if you still have your reputation points.....check Anthem main menu/change pilot

You cannot talk to the NPCs or they don't appear in the game when they should ? if it's just can't talk to them check that the language of your console and the game is the same and it's the same language of your first game.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 2 of 8 (1,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I confirm i'm playing with the same account and that i restarted the game with a new pilot, i deleted the old one, when i change my console (i just wanted to restart the game, some time had passed, I didn't feel like to resume with the story halfway, and I preferred that way). i also already checked the language of my console and of the game, and they are the same.

And yes, i cannot talk to them because they don't appear at all, like mora and nadira.

I await further advice, for now I thank you for the answer.

Message 3 of 8 (1,965 Views)

@barzyboy   well I'm on PC and don't know much about PS4 but from what you're saying I would uninstall the game, make sure to clear the cash or anything where there would be a trace of Anthem in your console and try reinstalling it..... if it doesn't work and the problem comes from your account then you'll have to contact EA or SONY to clean that part.

That's all I can think of, maybe someone will know what to do......

Message 4 of 8 (1,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As soon as I had time I tried to follow your advice. As you said I am sure that the bug is linked to the account, uninstalling the game and other operations have not led to any benefits, 

There is no way to solve the problem in that way. I think contacting EA is the only solution, although it is difficult to do this in this period. Could you direct me somewhere to contact them? if it is not possible, I will wait for a more peaceful period

Message 5 of 8 (1,864 Views)

@barzyboy  I don't have any more access to EA than you do.....@EA_Cade might be able to help you there.

Message 6 of 8 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this exact same problem with Nadira and Marl not spawning and never getting additional dialogue with Amal. Was there ever a fix for this? 

Message 7 of 8 (1,241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@barzyboyYes. Can confirm the following npc conversations will not trigger at any point during or after the completion of all available missions in a new pilot:
*Kassian
*Mora
*Nadira
*Leyton
*Liene
*Amal
*Marl
*Gunther

This is clearly a bug, since all of them are day one content. I even got the Sev conversation for before and after the Sunken Cell.

Message 8 of 8 (940 Views)