by Kelkelen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NPCs all hunchbacked?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung A6
OS Version Android 8.0.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004428975757
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a game and look at NPCs vs. Player Sims, especially in profile.
What do you expect to see? NPCs should be upright, but instead their heads are jutting forward, and low.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe, North America
Country Spain
Additional feedback

Basically, something changed about two weeks ago and now EVERY NPC is a hunchback!  It's subtle, but it seems like their heads and legs are jutting forward from their torsos.  You can see it especially if you watch them walking in profile, or if you put one on the massage table -- another Player Sim will lie down evenly, but an NPC's head and feet will sink too far into the table, like it's mud.  So now my whole population looks like they have osteoporosis.  Long hair is also sticking out from the shoulders/back.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 12 (3,821 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NPCs all hunchbacked?

Hero

@Kelkelen 

As you have noticed,  after that patch, elder townies had again a hunch and grey hair. I believe this is to help us see the difference between them and the young NPCs.

All the NPCs will eventually become elder.

The elder can't marry. Only the young can. 

I usually make my Sims establish romantic relationships and marry young NPCs. The NPC moves in automatically to the household and is replaced by another young NPC. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (3,737 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Kelkelen 

The elderly hunch was restored in a patch a couple of weeks ago. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-Mobile-April-8th-2019-Patch-Notes/td-p/7779471

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 12 (3,753 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! 

So...the whole town is just old forever?  I want to keep the NPCs I've given makeovers to, make friends with them, not phase them out...but some of them disappeared after about a week, others are still here 5 weeks later, and *everyone* is hunched, even the "youngest" NPCs who just showed up.  

Also, everyone I give a makeover to goes grey, and I have to pay for a 2nd makeover to restore the hair color I already paid for once. 

If there's a way to prevent my whole town from becoming Oldlandia forever, I'd like to know!  :-) 

Message 3 of 12 (3,741 Views)

Hero

@Kelkelen 

As you have noticed,  after that patch, elder townies had again a hunch and grey hair. I believe this is to help us see the difference between them and the young NPCs.

All the NPCs will eventually become elder.

The elder can't marry. Only the young can. 

I usually make my Sims establish romantic relationships and marry young NPCs. The NPC moves in automatically to the household and is replaced by another young NPC. 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 4 of 12 (3,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kelkelen  here's an example. My Sim Ellen met NPC Raúl at the Wellness centre and married him.  He became automatically part of the household and now is a playable Sim. 

A new young NPC replaced him at the Wellness centre. 

artflow_201904141828.jpg

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 12 (3,732 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SalixCat So... if all NPCs in my town are now old and my sims cannot marry them...then they'll never be replaced by young NPCs?
Message 6 of 12 (3,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rh0deIsland  they are randomly replaced. Keep an eye on NPCs at workplaces. Some of mine had been replaced recently. 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 12 (3,667 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I'd much prefer more age diversity among NPCs. Aesthetically speaking, the population is bland and depressing.

Message 8 of 12 (3,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I feel like it happens so fast: one week or so, then suddenly they're old!  For people who can't get in a lot of play time on weekdays, it means seeing them young one weekend, and old the very next time you play!

I'd like to see some alternatives.  Ideas?  Here are mine, for example:

1) Allow players to de-age them as part of a makeover, or add it as a makeover-like feature.  Like changing a trait, allow players to pay 5 Life Tickets to revert the NPC permanently... or until a later makeover.

2) Make it so that any NPCs who are officially befriended by a Player Sim don't age -- only the ones who are never made more than acquaintances.  This would integrate nicely with players being able to keep the NPCs they make over, while letting others be phased out; plus, it would be a free option.

3) Literally no NPC ages to a hunched elder UNLESS the player chooses, either via a makeover option, or by providing an "age up" birthday cake like the ones for children growing up, or adults retiring.  

Any of the above options could make a lot of players happy, while still allowing for a full range of play styles.  In fact, it would allow an even broader range. 

Message 9 of 12 (3,618 Views)

Hero

@Kelkelen Alternative number 2 is possible. I have done this many times. Make one of your Sims establish and develop a relationship with a young NPC. The NPC will remain young as long as your Sim is active. 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 10 of 12 (3,610 Views)