Re: NPC sims invade home to drink water (again)

by wombatilim

Original Post

★ Guide

I've been dealing with that issue as well, but I'm also trying to figure out how to make my mailman stop walking into my house. Usually he hangs around the door a bit before leaving but yesterday he made it to the 2nd floor before turning around. 

I am also incredibly sick of people showing up at my house with 'Extra Food'. My parents have the Forever Full trait so they don't need any food, and they keep plenty of Superfood Salad on hand when they're raising toddlers/kids. Keep these frickin' ppl away from my house! >.<

I'm going to try it with the Private Lot trait next. *sigh*

Message 11 of 35 (1,590 Views)

Random people coming in my home drinking tap water

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, cats and dogs, spa day, eco, get to work, get together, island living, snowy escape, dine out, parenthood, vampires, realm of magic, movie, romantic garden, kids room, fitness, laundry day, paranormal, spooky, tiny living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play in with any new household in mt. komorebi
What happens when the bug occurs? people who I don´t even know come into my house and go straight to the bathroom and get water. tried locking the doors and setting lot trait to private dwelling. I have to get them out with mccc
What do you expect to see? strangers should stay out of my house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after installing snowy escape

random person in my home drinking tap water

Message 12 of 35 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Guide

@wombatilim wrote:

[...] I did have Private Dwelling on the lot, and it was one of the apartments, but I don't know if those were factors or if I was just lucky.

So far Private Dwelling has been helping, except on the Key Point lot in Sulani. People seem to see that one as public space no matter what I do, maybe because it's all by itself on an island.

Message 13 of 35 (1,492 Views)

Why do random sims keep entering my home uninvited?

★ Guide

Random sims keep entering my front door to get a glass of water then leave. This used to happen a lot,  then I thought it was fixed but it seems to be hapoening again.  My lot is residential btw. I don't want to use the "lock door for" but I may have to? 

Message 14 of 35 (1,364 Views)

Re: Why do random sims keep entering my home uninvited?

★★★★★ Guide

I use MCCC, so when this happens I've been maliciously setting their ages to toddler. That seems to get rid of them nicely Party hat

Message 15 of 35 (1,339 Views)

★ Guide
@khitteh What's MCCC? Btw, I'm on Xbox
Message 16 of 35 (1,329 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@cozybunnyxo wrote:
@khittehWhat's MCCC? Btw, I'm on Xbox

It's a mod that lets us have better control over our sims, but you can't have mods on consoles afaik. Shame, it really helps with gameplay.

Message 17 of 35 (1,290 Views)

★★★ Guide

@khitteh wrote:

I use MCCC, so when this happens I've been maliciously setting their ages to toddler. That seems to get rid of them nicely Party hat

I've just been using the "Make Sim Leave" cheat that MCCC has, but your way has more entertainment value.

@cozybunnyxo wrote:

Random sims keep entering my front door to get a glass of water then leave. This used to happen a lot,  then I thought it was fixed but it seems to be hapoening again.  My lot is residential btw. I don't want to use the "lock door for" but I may have to? 

So far I've found 2 mod-free ways to get rid of them. One is to start a conversation, and suddenly the game will realize they're on your lot and you have the usual send home/go away/ask to leave options. The other is with the Deleriate spell, which obviously is only available to spellcasters (and if you have multiple uninvited people, you run the risk of cursing yourself if you try to do that too  many times in a row, especially at lower ranks).

Message 18 of 35 (1,267 Views)

Neighbors entering my house just to drink water

★★ Guide

Is this normal? Sometimes a few neighbors of my sim in Mount Komorebi just enter her house, take some tap water and leave. It is kind of annoying, this time one of them decided to take some water from the bathroom sink while my sim was taking a shower.

Message 19 of 35 (1,310 Views)

Re: Neighbors entering my house just to drink water

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Are you using mods? I have this problem sometimes in my vanilla game if I come back from other lots, but they remember fast that they don’t allow to use my house and leave immediately. I never encounter that they go in my house to drink tap water (Mt. Komorebi)

Crinrict here have some bug reports, I just link the last with all other possibly NPC enter my house(Last post); https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Random-Sim-in-apartment-house-Guest-not-leaving-Patch-1-...

Message 20 of 35 (1,244 Views)