by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NPC Double shows up, same NPC Name Inconsistency

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Iphone7s, iPad 6th generation
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the picnic menu at the main house, and go to the Eco Retreat and into the makeover menu, go to the Civic Centre downtown and have a look at the lawyer in khakis and a T there, this NPCs double. There shouldn’t be a double. I wonder if the last name shows up on the makeover menu, and not the picnic one. That Doesn’t explain his twin showing up, but it does explain the menus, without resorting to the resolution I was given, which is that somehow it had to have been done on my end. I don’t know how I would have inserted his twin at the Law Centre dressed in street clothes. If indeed my recent insight is correct, why wouldn’t that be posited as the solution? That the menus are consistent but work differently, IF that is indeed the case? I changed none of this.
What do you expect to see? An NPC with a generic, consistent name and unique features.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

I have been having trouble with the site. My ability to post was inconsistent. As a result, I finally phoned EAHelp, who fixed the issue. In the meantime, I posted this Bug Report in private with EA, and also in the amalgamated report “I Am Being Haunted by Darth Maul.” I am now moving it to an official location.

There is an NPC in my game whose name was X in the Pic Nic menu a few days ago. Days later, I was at the Eco Retreat, saw him, and decided to make him over again. When I pressed the button to make him over, his name came up as XY, not just X. When I looked in the DNA menu, it showed that the first name was X, and the last was Y.  I didn’t do any of this. Neither did my roommate, who doesn’t know anything about the game. 

His name in the pic nic menu remained unchanged.

Furthermore, a twin XY, showed up at the Law Centre, Downtown. His name, which is also,different, is visible in the picture. He is dressed in khakis and a T. Not the usual suit that lawyers there wear. I didn’t do that either. I’ve never touched his menu, no idea if I can change anything about him, since he works there. 
Following please find screenshots to support this claim. 
CE560888-4B86-4F7E-BDEB-E94BF37A3A99.jpeg29D6D1EE-2FC0-48DB-ADDF-37A56D374BFE.jpegFEC7E045-B734-4597-85EE-D3B23C73C7DD.jpegD7757823-2150-4E08-9AC2-6D93BC29CA49.jpeg77B5D491-4C4B-4F22-891A-BC88AE192E24.jpegD1AD016A-A300-4F20-9B25-17040F9D8E2A.jpeg

Message 1 of 2 (824 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NPC Double shows up, same NPC Name Inconsistency

★★★★ Guide
There is a resolution to this issue which I have investigated and figured out for myself.
This character, X, actually has 2 names, first name X, last name, Y.
In the Pic Nic Menu, where I first discovered the change, only first names show up. In the makeover menu, the second one I saw him in, both first and last names show up. That is why it looked to me like he had 2 names. He did. A first and a last one. They just didn't show up in both menus. So when I thought XY was new, it was just his last name showing up.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (774 Views)

All Replies

Re: NPC Double shows up, same NPC Name Inconsistency

★★★★ Guide
There is a resolution to this issue which I have investigated and figured out for myself.
This character, X, actually has 2 names, first name X, last name, Y.
In the Pic Nic Menu, where I first discovered the change, only first names show up. In the makeover menu, the second one I saw him in, both first and last names show up. That is why it looked to me like he had 2 names. He did. A first and a last one. They just didn't show up in both menus. So when I thought XY was new, it was just his last name showing up.
Message 2 of 2 (775 Views)