Re: "Unbreakable" Objects Break

by zirize

Original Post

Hero

Taggging @kaichen04 again to see if it's any other objects then plumbing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 22 (1,517 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Some of the most expensive bb objects were previously unbreakable by default. They were genuinely unbreakable in the past. Now they break as frequently as normal objects. I'm not sure if this was caused by the pre-patch or by Get Famous. It's hard to test this bug because of the random nature of breaking objects. However, I can confirm that preciously unbreakable object are now breaking. I know it's the case for plumbing objects, not sure for the unbreakable electronics. 

Message 12 of 22 (1,382 Views)

Hero
There's a new thread for those though: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-CL-Unbreakable-objects-break-and-can-t-be-repaired/t...

The rain and gnomes break unbreakable stuff when they shouldn't. Does it still happen to you after the lastetet patch ? If so, would be good if you could post in that thread and check what is breaking them (rain, gnomes)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (1,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm running SPA club in my store, I have 4 of 'unbreakable' 12,000 simoleon bathtubs.

4 of them can break.

I do not think it's related to rain and gnomes.

Simplely they are no more unbreakable.

Message 14 of 22 (1,327 Views)

Hero

Please see @SimQARobo reply.

This is by design. Plumbing objects are not unbreakable.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 22 (1,305 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict While you may not be able to upgrade plumbing objects to be unbreakable, there are at least a couple that start unbreakable (or they are stated to be that way in the object description). There’s a base game toilet (I think it’s the ‘sweet escapes country toilet’, I use it all the time and it doesn’t break for me) and at least one tub (Lady Cordelia possibly, but I’m going off of memory). 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 16 of 22 (1,286 Views)

Hero
It's what SimQARobo said though. Just going by that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 22 (1,281 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict SimQARobo says that plumbing objects can't be upgraded to be made unbreakable, there are some plumbing objects that start unbreakable (3 that I could find) and the Potty Mouth 2.0 does have the option to add 'titanium pipes' which is supposed to make it unbreakable, I think all other plumbing objects can just be made to break less often.  I attach some screenshots of the plumbing objects I see that start unbreakable as well as a screenshot of the options on the City Living Potty Mouth toilet. 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 18 of 22 (1,256 Views)

★★★★ Pro

For some reason the photo of the third unbreakable plumbing object, the 12,000 luxury tub mentioned in a prior comment above, didn't attach so hopefully it will work this time.

Best regards,

Jennifer  

Message 19 of 22 (1,252 Views)

Hero
For those items that are truly unbreakable we have a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unbreakable-objects-break-and-can-t-be-repaired/m-p/68828...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 22 (1,237 Views)