[NOT BUG] Welcoming Wedding Garden Styled Room issue

by shaposh2012

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Welcoming Wedding Garden Styled Room issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I tried to set up for a weding at Magnolia Blossom park. The easiest way to do this appeared to be by using the "Welcoming Wedding Garden" styled room. However, after placing the styled room, it was on a foundation. I had my sim try to go up to the arch to "fantasize about dream wedding" (I can't remember the exact wording), but here was a route failure and she could not. There was no way to remove the foundation. I ended up using the styled room items by moving them off the foundation and setting them up elsewhere and then deleting the foundation.

Edited to add a link to a screenshot: welcoming wedding garden foundation issue

Message 1 of 6 (2,293 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Welcoming Wedding Garden Styled Room issue

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes, stairs can be added to styled rooms. When there is a building with a foundation(there are few levels of their heights) like in the Magnolia Blossom Park game automatically adds foundation that matches other buildings on the parcel to every new room, no matter if it's a styled room or if you build it by your self. And this is just how it is done in ts4. This wedding garden doesn't have walls like the other styled rooms but still it's a room, and that building in Magnolia Blossom park already has got the lowest foundation and that is why the game added foundation to the wedding garden and the player couldn't get to the arch. You must add stairs even to the lowest foundation. So it's not a bug I guess Standard smile

The only thing they could change in this is to allow Sims getting to the rooms on the lowest foundation without stairs because as I sad earlier you need only one step to get on the lowest foundation and it looks awkward because this one step is the same height as the lowest foundation Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (2,523 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,278 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I'm not sure if it's a bug. You can place flowers and trees on the floor and the "Wedding Garden" and "Patio" styled rooms (the one with a little garden with flowers in it and a table with umbrella - I don't know the exact name cause I'm not playing English version of the game) simply are on the foundation (I'm not sure but I guess you can't make different hights of the foundation on the same lot and in the Magnolia Blossom Park is already a building on the lowest foundation and that's why the game adds foundation to styled rooms). You must add stairs (it will be exactly one stair) and your Sims can take wedding after that.

It is shown in this Let's play video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eIExFpdagU from 12:40 watch Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (2,254 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the input. Can't stairs be added to styled rooms (I've not been building so I'm a noob) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,241 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes, stairs can be added to styled rooms. When there is a building with a foundation(there are few levels of their heights) like in the Magnolia Blossom Park game automatically adds foundation that matches other buildings on the parcel to every new room, no matter if it's a styled room or if you build it by your self. And this is just how it is done in ts4. This wedding garden doesn't have walls like the other styled rooms but still it's a room, and that building in Magnolia Blossom park already has got the lowest foundation and that is why the game added foundation to the wedding garden and the player couldn't get to the arch. You must add stairs even to the lowest foundation. So it's not a bug I guess Standard smile

The only thing they could change in this is to allow Sims getting to the rooms on the lowest foundation without stairs because as I sad earlier you need only one step to get on the lowest foundation and it looks awkward because this one step is the same height as the lowest foundation Standard smile
Message 5 of 6 (2,524 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

That makes sense. Accepting that as a solution. I'm sure it will help other people.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,230 Views)