[NOT BUG] Sims complain about smelly stuff although nothing is dirty

by johnswanagon

Original Post

Re: Dirty Plumbing

★★ Pro

Crin -

I have a screenshot of the Dirty Plumbing moodlet happening while my Sim Lila was working out in the Willow Creek gym. It's happened twice there in that same area. And it's happening in every house I have so far.

I put all the bulldozed community lots I had gotten rid of back just to test for this bug and the flickering, that's why they are in the save I gave you. The flickering is terrible in the Willow Creek gym and Museum. Much worse than in any of my Sim's houses. I hope they fix this soon and this dirty plumbing thing. It's driving me nuts.

The flickering also does not go away for me when switching out lights or going back to 32 bit. It's actually worse on 32 bit. Anyway. Got a bit off topic.

So here's a screenshot of the moodlet I uploaded to Photobucket: http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag403/akparkison/Sims%204%20Troubleshooting/dirty_plumbing_gym_w...

The big white arrow is to highlight the moodlet. Probably overkill. But I had to use the regular screenshot capture and this photo is really dark. I use ReShade in my game and it's a lot easier to see with it enabled, but I can't capture the UI with it.

Sorry for the ramble. I'm tired and frustrated. Thanks for all your help!

Message 21 of 45 (3,235 Views)

Hero

The flickering has it's own thread and is being looked into.

As for the moodlet. Didn't get a chance to look at it yet. Hopefully today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 45 (3,231 Views)

★★ Pro

Thanks for looking into it. I'll wait and see what happens with the next patch. I'm done bug reporting.

Message 23 of 45 (3,226 Views)

★★ Pro

Crin -

I fixed it. Another modder caught it before I did. The culprit was "No Dishes in Bathroom Sinks" by Plasticbox. Somehow I screwed up and put this set of files in my buy subfolder. I'm not sure why.

I did the 50/50 and found it. Still wasn't sure this was exactly it since I needed to play more to verify I was right, but a modder reported my exact bug on the thread at MTS.

The mod has since been updated. I can't speak to the OP - but, I went ahead and left the mod out, because I don't want to deal with this again possibly. So my problem is fixed. I've played two Sim weeks and haven't seen it again.

Message 24 of 45 (3,216 Views)

Hero

I hope you understand where I'm coming from then with not taking reports from modded games Wink

Glad you got it fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 45 (3,212 Views)

Re: Re Re: sim uncomfortable

★★★ Novice

I have a similar issue.

I am playing one family with 8 people and anytime they go outside to their yard, they get the uncomfortable moodlet for dirty surroundings. But there is nothing dirty in the yard. No dishes, nothing broken, and they have a daily maid service so anything dirty would be cleaned up regularly. But the outside is so disgusting they all get that moodlet.

Message 26 of 45 (3,180 Views)

Hero

Any piles from upgrading (maids won't clean those until you salvaged them) ? Does it go away if you leave your lot ?

Any plants that gone bad ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 45 (3,176 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll look more carefully for piles and plants, but I don't think so. I'll try leaving the lot and coming back too.

Message 28 of 45 (3,167 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 45 (3,160 Views)

Re: [UNCLEAR] Dirty Plumbing

★★★★★ Apprentice

i think this is about fireplace . it is?

Message 30 of 45 (3,065 Views)