Re: [NOT BUG] Sims complain about smelly stuff although nothing is dirty

by VioletteElizbth

Original Post

Re: [UNCLEAR] Dirty Plumbing

Hero

There's different reasons for this

The fireplace is an issue for neat Sims if it's upgraded.

Unsure what you're trying to ask.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 45 (8,111 Views)

Sims are complaining that the kitchen is smelly.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Sims are complaining that the kitchen is smelly, in the presence of a garbage can with no trash and with the kitchen clean without dirt.

Message 32 of 45 (8,105 Views)

Re: Sims are complaining that the kitchen is smelly.

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue.  I moved away all counters etc and discovered a dirty plate in an odd point mid air behind a counter. It must have happened when I manually moved it to the sink, it aparently never got there but got stuck behind the counter. My sim was always uncomfortable in the kitchen but I could never understand why until I discovered the dirty plate. Hope this helps!

Message 33 of 45 (8,093 Views)

Hero

Hi @johnswanagon

do you have a popcorn maker ? That seems to have the tendency to give a dirty moodlet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 45 (8,088 Views)

Re: [UNCLEAR] Sims complain about smelly stuff although nothing is dirty

★ Guide

@johnswanagon wrote:

My Sim is complaining about dirty plumbing. How do I fix that? I tried clicking every sink, tub, and shower and the clean option isn't available. I even tried to use a service, but there wasn't anything available except for a maid.

Does anyone know how to clean the plumbing? lol.

This is NOT a bug!!! LOL

You need to have your Sim skill up in Mechanical / Handiness and upgrade the shower so that the shower has Clean Coat and you will not get the Moodlet any more. Your Sim will then have a Happy Moodlet boost for an extra-clean shower. Hope that helps! :-)

Message 35 of 45 (7,991 Views)

★ Guide

@wallaosg wrote:

Sims are complaining that the kitchen is smelly, in the presence of a garbage can with no trash and with the kitchen clean without dirt.

Try checking the refrigerator to see if there are spoiled items inside, or if any of your Sims are carrying dirty dishes in their personal inventories. They also like to hide them on the bottom shelves of hutches. I've often found that the guilty culprit is an empty serving platter. ;-)
Message 36 of 45 (7,988 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Fireplace upgraded to automated lighting give dirt moodlet, if you upgraded by instant upgrade you got this. again in this patch.

Message 37 of 45 (7,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Another possibility is the fish tanks if you choose to buy fish by clicking the tank. Those fish still need to be manually named or they go foul but, the description of them does not not have a quality display and, they do not emit a green fog so, it's hard to figure out that the fish are the problem.

SOLUTION: open the tank, sell all fish, buy new fish, name each one. They will not go smelly again.

Message 38 of 45 (7,970 Views)

Re: Sims complain about smelly stuff although nothing is dirty

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm going to mark this as solved as I believe there's always a reason for the moodlet.

Trying to summarize

• Spoiled food in inventory
  • Bad Fish in fish tanks
  • Popcorn machine (even if nothing looks spoiled)
  • Some hidden left over plate somewhere
  • Fridge or any of the machines with spoiled food in it.
  • Broken Washing Machine

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 45 (61,654 Views)

Re: [NOT BUG] Sims complain about smelly stuff although nothing is dirty

★★★ Newbie

It is the trash can that needs to be emptied.

Message 40 of 45 (7,600 Views)