[NOT BUG] Sim is no longer getting promoted

by Rorbison

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Sim is no longer getting promoted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My Sim has Tiered up in the Space Ranger Profession and is no longer getting promoted.  I have completed the Daily mission Req.  for 6 Sim weeks and still no promotion.  I have the White "Check Mark"  in the yellow circle and the Mission (completed) req. every time.  Also the progression meter is all the way to the right.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have also been through all the pages in this forum to no avail.  If I have missed a solution please let me know where to look.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 18 (25,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim is no longer getting promoted

★★★★★ Novice

I'm guessing this was removed in the game .  Once you top out in your occupation there are no more promotions through this route.  You can use the phone to try to negotiate a raise but there is no guarantee you will get one.

So I guess this can be closed.

View in thread

Message 11 of 18 (24,571 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rorbison Moved to bug forum. I'll add tonight

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (25,224 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank You.  I was not sure if it was a bug or that I was just missing something.

Message 3 of 18 (25,206 Views)

★★★ Guide

I also had the same problem in the Comedian career track.  I thought it was a feater that when they reached level 10 they stopped getting promotions.

Message 4 of 18 (25,196 Views)

Hero

Thanks for your input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (25,190 Views)

★ Guide

I also thought they just removed promotions once you hit level 10 in a profession, there was a thread about it on the general discussion over at the sims forum about it a few days back.

I had it happen on painters for 3-4 weeks before I just quit and stayed home painting since no promotions = no point staying employed and going to work.

If you are not at the top of a career and can't get promoted that is also happening, try zoning and seeing if the promotion requirements clear/reset. That's a bug reported elsewhere to do with quitting and re-taking a career (renaissance sim).

Message 6 of 18 (25,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is buggy as well. I had both sims in the tech guru career and only one was getting promoted. Both were completing the daily task, going to work in the correct mood and also completing all the promotion requirements. After waiting a few sim weeks with no avail, I quit the job on the sim who was not getting promoted and she started in the astronaut career. She made it to the top (level 10) but her aspiration was to get to level 2 in 2 jobs or something, so i started her in another career. The sims then struggled to get promoted in that career also. The sim is now back in the astronaut career and cannot get passed level 5. Driving me absolutely insane Frown

Message 7 of 18 (25,088 Views)

★★ Novice

Please advise if there is a fix for this bug. I even tried to use the cheat for pormotions and it did not work either.

Message 8 of 18 (24,511 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ? Is performance up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (24,505 Views)

Hero

@Rorbison Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (24,184 Views)