Re: A sim dies while I'm not playing the family, now I can't find her urn

by trhokan

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I have seen this since they started deleting the dead sims off the friends list.  I play each household and have been in household where the sim died.  I would mark the tombstone and eventually move on to another household.  When I come back to the household with the tomb, it is 'blank' and there is no ghost.  I see the same thing with the book of life (Except the title I make is still there).  I am doubting I can ever bring these sims back.  I have not tried yet, it's not 'time'. Standard smile

Message 11 of 35 (21,080 Views)

Hero

Yeah, ghosts being culled ...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 35 (21,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had a sim who basically died in front of me.  he went to relax and then stopped taking commands ect.  his social, food, sleep ect all went red.  then the grim reaper showed up while i was watching.  a urn was never left but his ghost shows up every night then dissappears in a yellow cloud by their bed.  i have moved the bed where he died and also took up the flooring to see if it was underneath.  i am trying to chat with him and become friends and move him onto the lot as a ghost then move him out.  the only way to figure it out.

trhokan

Message 13 of 35 (20,741 Views)

Hero

Sounds like he got bugged before he died. Was he a member of your household ?

You can try testingcheats and then just add him to your household with shift click. Faster than befriending.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 35 (20,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
So there is no mausoleum in the sims 4 so I just ended up making my own graveyard in an empty lot. But anyways...I just figured out a cheat. So you do "testingcheats true" cheat and add the dead body/ghost to a current living family and then you type in "bb.showhiddenobjects" in the cheat bar and buy the urn. When you place the urn in the world you click on the ghost that's now apart of your family and have them click on the urn and click "posses urn." They will then go into the urn and you can place the urn in your inventory. I put the urn in my inventory and brought it to the grave yard I made and placed it there. The urn turned into a tombstone when placed in the grave yard and I just made a little grave with flowers for them and saved the property. Done. Now the home they were in is empty and they're in one place with all the other ghost sims. 👍🏼 Hoped that helped!
Message 15 of 35 (326,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Interesting, thanks for posting.

I'm marking your post as solution to increase visibility. This is not a bug anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 35 (20,492 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the advice!  I will try that to solve my problem!

Message 17 of 35 (20,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
This didn't work for me.
I had an elder sim who died on another lot with no urn or tombstone. His ghost was nowhere to be found so I summoned the ghost using "mc commander" mod. When the ghost came, I added him to the family just as you did, then got an urn from debug. But "posses" lasts like a few seconds and the ghost comes back out, while he is in the urn, I can't put it in my inventory as it's being used (being possesed) I wonder how did you do that ? It doesn't work.
Also as an urn which is bought from the debug isn't tied to the ghost, when ghost clicks on it, there's no "return to netherworld" option.

The real solution:
1-summon the ghost using mc commander.
2-add the ghost to the active family
3-cook ambrosia and have the ghost eat it
4-re-kill the sim
Message 18 of 35 (20,340 Views)

Hero

Tagging @ilovefig13

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 35 (20,328 Views)

★★ Novice
Same. Is their not a fix?
Message 20 of 35 (20,118 Views)