Re: A sim dies while I'm not playing the family, now I can't find her urn

by AttilaCoil

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Sim dies while I'm not playing the family, now I can't find her urn

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It was an elder sim, I switched family to play, and she dies while I'm playing another family. Now I can't find her urn or tombstone anywhere on the lot, not on her family member, or in the family objects box. And all the staff on her is gone too.

Message 1 of 35 (330,407 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
So there is no mausoleum in the sims 4 so I just ended up making my own graveyard in an empty lot. But anyways...I just figured out a cheat. So you do "testingcheats true" cheat and add the dead body/ghost to a current living family and then you type in "bb.showhiddenobjects" in the cheat bar and buy the urn. When you place the urn in the world you click on the ghost that's now apart of your family and have them click on the urn and click "posses urn." They will then go into the urn and you can place the urn in your inventory. I put the urn in my inventory and brought it to the grave yard I made and placed it there. The urn turned into a tombstone when placed in the grave yard and I just made a little grave with flowers for them and saved the property. Done. Now the home they were in is empty and they're in one place with all the other ghost sims. 👍🏼 Hoped that helped!

View in thread

Message 15 of 35 (330,665 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I'm not sure if there are urns for NPC families.

Are you sure they died on their own lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (330,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@sutryna wrote:
It was an elder sim, I switched family to play, and she dies while I'm playing another family. Now I can't find her urn or tombstone anywhere on the lot, not on her family member, or in the family objects box. And all the staff on her is gone too.

I had this problem too.  I moved out the children of my original sims when they grew older and played as them for a bit, but when I went to return to playing the parents, the mother had died of old age.  I could not find an urn or a tombstone either, which was disappointing because I thought it would be fun to have a "family" ghost haunt the property.

Unfortunately, after doing research, I believe that the only way for an urn or tombstone to appear is to have the sim die on your active lot.  Otherwise, I think they simply become unplayable.  I tried to use "bb.showhiddenobjects" with the debug objects in build/buy mode to use things like the book of life or ambrosia to bring back the deceased sim, but it did not work as you cannot click on the greyed out image of a ghost sim in the relationship panel.

Hopefully EA adds in some scripts to change this, as I would love to see ghosts on unplayed or inactive lots, like in the sims 3.  For now though, the only solution I can think of is simply replacing the deceased sim. If you saved them to your gallery, you can merge them with your active household.  When there press shift+ctrl+C to open the cheat box and type in "testingcheats true".  Then type in "cas.fulleditmode", shift+click on your sim and choose "Modify in CAS" and you can change the age and relationship of the "clone" sim to replace the one you lost.  From there you can exit CAS and choose whatever method you want to make the sim into a ghost, whether it be death by old age, fire, cow plant, etc.  Not the perfect solution, but it is one if you really want grandma haunting your childhood home!

Hope this helps!  

Message 3 of 35 (330,214 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have not had this happen yet but I have a household (the parents of a sims I am playing) that I will be really bummed if the parent sim vanishes after death. It seems that any sims that lives on a lot should have their tomrbstone or urn show up on their lot after death regardless of where they died. Many players have multiple households that they are playing especially when you have children and move them out and split your time between the households. Why can't we have a graveyard where NPC's tombstones are placed like in the TS3. Then you could find Mom there and pick up her tombstone and take it home.

Message 4 of 35 (330,088 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this same problem with an elderly sim dying while I was off playing another sims family and on returning, not finding an urn or a headstone anywhere on the property.  From what I am reading, I have no way now to bring that sim back due to the fact he just "disappeared" from the property and didn't leave behind an urn or a headstone.  

Message 5 of 35 (328,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too. I also left the game for 5 minutes and re-entered the household and the father died. 

On top of it, a neighbor came over for what seemed to be the event of him dying and now there is a tombstone for the neighbor... That is what upset me!

Message 6 of 35 (326,986 Views)

★★ Novice

Go to the mausoleum, located at the graveyard, and choose "manage the dead". Then you can take her urn, as well as the urns of any other Sims that died in other households. Hope I helped!

Message 7 of 35 (326,768 Views)

★★ Novice

@Simsplayer7341 wrote:

Go to the mausoleum, located at the graveyard, and choose "manage the dead". Then you can take her urn, as well as the urns of any other Sims that died in other households. Hope I helped!

Sorry, I thought we were talking about The Sims 3. I don't know about Sims 4. maybe if you look around you will find it!

Message 8 of 35 (326,765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mausoleum in the sims 4? Where is this located?

Message 9 of 35 (326,033 Views)

Hero

There is none

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 35 (326,016 Views)