[NOT BUG] Roofing disappears when entering live mode

by ruthless_kk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Roofing disappears when entering live mode

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am experiencing a problem with the roofing partially disappearing when I enter live mode.  When I am in build mode, everything looks fine, but when live mode is entered, the tops of the roofing disappears.  The section under the eaves stays and is visible, but the roof top texture is gone.

This has happened on different sized lots.  

This has happened on roofs where there are multiple parts. 

Build mode: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/ruthless_kk/09-08-14_9-45nbspPM-2.png

Live mode: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/ruthless_kk/09-08-14_9-45nbspPM.png

Build mode: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/ruthless_kk/09-06-14_2-06nbspPM.png

Live mode: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/ruthless_kk/09-06-14_2-06nbspPM-2.png

I have no CC

I have a dowloaded copy of the Digital Deluxe

I am running Windows 8

Message 1 of 15 (25,913 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Roofing disappears when entering live mode

★★★★ Apprentice
It's not a bug... . As Alourra said in build mode when you have walls cut away the roof is showed but in live mode the roof will automatically disappear, to see the roof in live mode you must get to the highest level of your building and make walls up Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (28,971 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Ah, I see you're doing building magic again Standard smile

I've added to build issues although it's live mode where it disappears.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (25,822 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ruthless_kk

i had a similar issue just now in build mode i had a small roof on then i couldn't see it   but when i hit the home button the roof showed up

Message 3 of 15 (25,805 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem, but when i press the home buttom it does not fix anything it just stays the same!!!

PLEASE HELP!Confusedmileysad:

Message 4 of 15 (25,799 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is what happens when you have walls cut away. Putting them all the way up shows the tops for me.

Message 5 of 15 (25,794 Views)

Hero

Thanks for all the input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (25,790 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
It's not a bug... . As Alourra said in build mode when you have walls cut away the roof is showed but in live mode the roof will automatically disappear, to see the roof in live mode you must get to the highest level of your building and make walls up Standard smile
Message 7 of 15 (28,972 Views)

Hero

Tagging @ruthless_kk for input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (25,749 Views)

★ Novice

HOLY COW!!

How could I have missed that...lol!  So red faced right about now..but also so glad it is an easy fix.

Thank you Standard smile Standard smile Standard smile

Message 9 of 15 (25,721 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
No problem, I love your work and even now my Sims are living in Contempo so I'm glad I could help Standard smile
Message 10 of 15 (25,695 Views)