Re: Buildems Block Play Table

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] [PH] Buildems Block Play Table

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So, how exactly is this thing supposed to work? It says Toddlers Only, but my toddler can't use it. Yet, his parents can. Is this supposed to happen? Am I using it wrong?

Message 1 of 13 (37,911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Children and up can build on it and once you have built something, toddlers can play with it.

So the description means that only toddlers gain imagination skill from it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (39,565 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Children and up can build on it and once you have built something, toddlers can play with it.

So the description means that only toddlers gain imagination skill from it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (39,566 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, thought I was doing something wrong.

Message 3 of 13 (37,823 Views)

Hero

I did too .. and many others ... but the gurus were kind enough to clear this one up quickly on twitter :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (37,814 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, that's good to know.  Hah, I never would have figured that out on my own!

Message 5 of 13 (35,689 Views)

★★ Novice

Still doesn’t work.  Had the mom build it, so now there are blocks on top of it.  But the toddlers ignore it, and there is no action available for the toddlers to interact with it.

Message 6 of 13 (33,317 Views)

Hero
Are you using any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (33,314 Views)

Buildems Block Play Table not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tyr to use the play table
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are not able to interact with the table at all
What do you expect to see? That toddlers are able to use the table
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The play table is not usable by any simmers. Iøve never been able to use it, ever since it was introduced to the game. 

Message 8 of 13 (28,151 Views)

Re: Buildems Block Play Table not working

★★★★★ Guide
@Mariefalch : I've never used this myself, but apparently, only children and those with the Childish Trait (at least adults?) can use it.
Message 9 of 13 (28,130 Views)

Re: Buildems Block Play Table not working

★★★★★ Pro

I checked this out and it looks like the age-gate is backwards. The table is supposed to be Toddlers-Only and build the Imagination skill which only Toddlers have. Instead, the Toddlers seem to be the only ones who can't use it. I was able to use the table with Child, Teen, and Young Adult sims but not with Toddlers. None of the sims had the Childish trait.

Message 10 of 13 (28,082 Views)