Re: My Sims Trophies Way Too Common

by meubanks68

Original Post

[NOT BUG] My Sims Trophies Way Too Common

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My Sims Trophies are impossibly common. I swear, My-Sims trophies NEED their own mining spots. I can't complete crystal/fossil/metal collections because I get so many treasure maps and time-capsules. What do treasure maps even DO aside from guaranteeing you'll get even MORE My Sims trophies? Which you get anyway. All the time. Everywhere. Without end.

This isn't isolated to any one neighborhood or game file. You have what seems like a 50% chance of getting a capsule from dig spots. I'm not using treasure maps at all, as they serve no purpose. I waited around the Oasis Springs venue area a while to get many collectibles all at once. I ended up with 4 fossils, 2 crystals, three metals, 12 capsules, and 7 treasure maps. Again. I did not use ANY treasure maps.

Message 1 of 5 (1,445 Views)

Hero

I've added although it probably doesn't qualify as a bug. More as a issue that needs tweaking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,415 Views)

★ Pro

I'm sure this isn't a bug, but it's certainly annoying. Wish they would come up with some other "Time Capsule" treasure. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,206 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yea... me to, I have a sims that has over the 46 my sims capsules and a lot of treasure maps. because my sim is a scientist. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,196 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Some of it is just RNG shenanigans. They spawn more often because there are just more of them. I agree that they are way too common in general, but the collection is still virtually impossible to complete. I've attemted on multiple saves and never gotten it yet. I wish the treasure maps would just go away. I see no evidence that the yield a higher percentage of uncommons/rares. If they actually helped to complete the collection faster they might be worth it, but like I said, I see no evidence of it. More of something that is already quite common is overkill. Maybe make the maps yield somehting other than trophies sometimes. Science career in GTW makes metals/crystals/elements much easier to get, and it also gives you an alternative to Rocket Science for the aliens collectibles, although the spawn times make it far from efficient. The problem with all of the RNG tweaks is htat the tend to fix them too far in the other directions. I'm afraid if they patch it the MySims trophies will NEVER spawn. lol. The took alien abduction pregnancies from "constant nuicance" to "never happens". I agree that making a separate spawner for they trophies is a good idea.

Message 5 of 5 (1,186 Views)