Re: Bugs with the maid service.

by Buttonsginger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Maid doesn't clean the bathroom/does only one chore

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah I hire a maid and the things says "arrive at 10:05am. They arrive do literally one damn chore. Then leave and don't take any money >_< Getting to be a hassle. Please fix the maids!

Message 1 of 16 (2,596 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] Maid doesn't clean the bathroom/does only one chore

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@crinrict I've been playing with maids.

Call to hire at 10AM - maid arrives 10:05 AM. - leaves 11:00 AM Time or one or two chores is all.

Call maid at 8:00 AM, - arrives at 9:05 AM - Leaves at 11:00 AM. 3 to 5 chores done.

Call maid at 9:00 PM - Arrives at 9:02 AM - Leaves at 3:00 PM because all chores are done.

Second day no matter the time, the maids seem fine, it's just the first day they act weird. Maybe something in the overnight processing needs to happen in game before they work right so, hiring them the evening before you actually want them works best.

View in thread

Message 8 of 16 (2,733 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Yep! I've fired three maids but the new ones are never any better...clean a dish and then leave. -_-

Message 2 of 16 (2,568 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have found that since the last patch my maid only comes and picks up a plate or two. She does not clean any sinks/tubs/etc. She did spend a tremendous time grieving for a sim that had dies on my lot. I fired her. Hired another maid. The same thing occurred. No actual cleaning, other than a plate or two. Although, some dental hygiene did happen....in the dirty bathroom sink. :#

Message 3 of 16 (2,557 Views)

Hero

I split this from the old thread because the other one the OP described already has a thread and this sounds newer.

Any of you using any mods or cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (2,544 Views)

★ Apprentice

No cc in my game or any mods. It is clearly a bug in game.

Message 5 of 16 (2,527 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I tried this in my game. My maiden did take my money and did clean the sink and bath (on her second day, first day apparently she was busy with other stuff). She is really inefficient and doesn't clean everything everyday... but sadly for us, that's not new.

Message 6 of 16 (2,517 Views)

Hero

I wish I could try it but I'm gaming-computerless atm.

Just to see if it's gotten any worse to how it's been before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (2,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@crinrict I've been playing with maids.

Call to hire at 10AM - maid arrives 10:05 AM. - leaves 11:00 AM Time or one or two chores is all.

Call maid at 8:00 AM, - arrives at 9:05 AM - Leaves at 11:00 AM. 3 to 5 chores done.

Call maid at 9:00 PM - Arrives at 9:02 AM - Leaves at 3:00 PM because all chores are done.

Second day no matter the time, the maids seem fine, it's just the first day they act weird. Maybe something in the overnight processing needs to happen in game before they work right so, hiring them the evening before you actually want them works best.

Message 8 of 16 (2,734 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for this solution. I will give it a try! 

Message 9 of 16 (2,487 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

I split this from the old thread because the other one the OP described already has a thread and this sounds newer.

Any of you using any mods or cc ?

@crinrict I do not have any cc or mods in my game. 

Message 10 of 16 (2,485 Views)