Re: Ghosts

by konekosama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Ghosts

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

New patch brought in ghosts, but they don't show up?

I had an existing tombstone, but there was no ghost. So I removed it and my brattiest young adult child went after the delicious cake and I had a freshly made tombstone, but still no ghost. :/

Message 1 of 9 (708 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Did you ask her to move in?  If not, she was just a haunting and won't haunt every night.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (693 Views)

All Replies

Hero

How long did you wait ? I think it can take up to 3 days for them to appear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (698 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hmm I'll give it a week and get back to you then.

Message 3 of 9 (694 Views)

★ Apprentice

I left the lot for a day and came back and the ghost was there. Standard smile

Message 4 of 9 (689 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hmm, she was there for the night, day came around and she was gone. Been a week and I haven't seen her...

Message 5 of 9 (683 Views)

★ Guide

Did you ask her to move in?  If not, she was just a haunting and won't haunt every night.

Message 6 of 9 (694 Views)

★ Apprentice

ahh

I eventually had her turn up again. Gotta say it's a bit lame that she still needs to eat and sleep. :/

Message 7 of 9 (667 Views)

★ Guide

This is sooo exciting I still have not seen a ghost and have been wondering about them. I have seen no tombstones yet in my town? 

Message 8 of 9 (661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The ghosts in the game a bit disappointing. It took a long while for the ghost of a dead sim to show up. I did some experiments and found that if your living sim mourns the dead sim several times they will show up after a couple days. If they don't mourn the ghost will not show up at all. So it appears that the appearance of the ghost is directly linked to the mourn interaction.

I have not seem any NPC ghosts anywhere. I have had to populate my town with ghosts I downloaded from the gallery but don't ever see them out and about either. My sim became romatically involved with an NPC and asked him to move in. When he moved in I was able to see that he had a ghost acquiantance. I tried to call the ghost on the phone but the only option was to text them which does nothing. I wanted to invite her over to the house but couldn't. When I went to manage households to find this ghost she was not listed anywhere so I don't know how my sim (who was formerly an NPC) met this ghost.

I have also noticed that when my sims husband died when he came back as a ghost they were no longer married. I had to remarry them after he was invited to move into household.

Message 9 of 9 (607 Views)