[NOT BUG] [GF] Game is generating unlimited sims (over exceeding max cap)

by attackonfemke

Original Post

Re: Get Famous - Game is generating unlimited sims (over exceeding max cap)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So I tried to get some information on this and basically, it would be great if @attackonfemke and @bunniesaremagic could let me know what exactly the issue is

• Famous NPCs will be generated (even with the option turned off) for Lots with the according lot trait. Basically the game needs NPCs to fill that
  • There shouldn't be too many though. Once the game is satisfied with the amount, it should stop creating new ones and use existing ones.
  • These Sims are culled fast. So if your game hit the culling limit, those are probably one of the first to go. If you want to keep them, add them to your pool of safe Sims.
  • The Cap has to do with how many 'safe' households you can have. That means, they won't be culled. It doesn't have anything to do with how many Sims are generated in your game.
  • None-famous Sims (especially fans) are probably under the same mechanism as before and yes, that system would need a bit of an overhaul to be better but it's not a bug.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Marking this as not bug for now but open to discussion.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 16 (648 Views)

★ Apprentice

There is just TOO many spawned. As I said, I used to get around 10 sim families spawned per game session, now I get around 40... And I don't even have a high level celebrity yet. Game pretty much spawns new celebs and fans every time I leave a home lot. Tons of them. Ignores premades and my families, just keeps spawning random celebs to an extent it never used to spawn sims before. Balancing issue maybe more than a bug?

Message 12 of 16 (632 Views)

Hero

@bunniesaremagic wrote:

There is just TOO many spawned. As I said, I used to get around 10 sim families spawned per game session, now I get around 40... And I don't even have a high level celebrity yet. Game pretty much spawns new celebs and fans every time I leave a home lot. Tons of them. Ignores premades and my families, just keeps spawning random celebs to an extent it never used to spawn sims before. Balancing issue maybe more than a bug?

Do you have the option turn on or off (in Options - Get Famous)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 16 (622 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

We have not been able to reproduce this at our end. 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 14 of 16 (551 Views)

Re: [NOT BUG] [GF] Game is generating unlimited sims (over exceeding max cap)

★ Guide

I like to add and point out that npc sims that played sims have met can't get npc jobs, only the career jobs. So jobs like bouncers, npc bartenders (not the career bartender job) ect. can only be filled by npc sims that played sims have not met. This is especially noticeable in games that are into their 2nd and 3rd generation and beyond. Since majority of the npcs in the 2nd generation and beyond have met a played sim. The more longer a saved game has been played the more generated sims there will be due to the played sims have met npc flag. If the game would use npcs in the game already regardless if a npc knows or have met a played sim there would be a lot less generation of sims in longer played saved games into their 2nd generation and beyond.

Message 15 of 16 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

From what I understand, the Opt-Out of Fame option means that any new sims created (your own and NPCs) will start out of the spotlight and won't be gaining fame autonomously until you make them step into the spotlight on the fame panel.

Now that I have Get Famous, I'm very vigilant about watching for NPC generation. I haven't tried the actor career yet, but I expect many NPCs will be generated for that, knowing that there are four different crews - daytime TV, commercial TV, low budget film and high budget film - each with their own directors, cast and support staff.

So far, without trying the acting career, I've seen the game need new bartenders for Orchid-a-gogo and Studio PBP and two new gym trainers for Pectoral Fitness. I have my game set to reuse existing unemployed NPCs for those, so I got no extra townie generation for those.

When visiting a celebrity hotspot, the game summoned all the existing premade celebrities like Thorne Bailey and Venessa Jeong, but even after using them all it still needed at least two additional celebrities to cover a deficit - so it generated two random NPC celebs. I didn't like that, so I deleted them and then gave some of my existing sims some fame - a DJ, Diego Lobo and Penny Pizzazz. So far, that seems to have worked and no additional celebs are being generated.

While playing as a celeb, I noted that the game required at least six paparazzi before stopping generation of those, so I deleted any new ones it made and then cheated six existing unemployed NPCs to have level 5 photography skill and gave them the Paparazzi job and trait. It now seems happy with those and generating no more.

Message 16 of 16 (534 Views)