Re: Fire Sprinkler System not working

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Fire Sprinkler System not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I bought and placed the expensive fire alarm/sprinkler device but had two fires and the sprinklers did not activate nor did the alarm.

Message 1 of 5 (9,723 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

So I have purchased and used this system a couple of times and it appears to work fine for me... 

I dont know if any of this makes a difference or not, but this is how I am using the system. I have it attached to the outside of my house (first floor) and I have a smoke alarm in everyone room that contains a fireplace and I have one in the kitchen. It has been my observation that it does take longer then I would like for it to turn on, but it does work and prevents the death of my Sim. Also I am using the "normal" height walls in all of my rooms. 

One thing to note it will only work where there is a celling, so make sure that you dont have some kind of strange construction issue. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (10,807 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

So I have purchased and used this system a couple of times and it appears to work fine for me... 

I dont know if any of this makes a difference or not, but this is how I am using the system. I have it attached to the outside of my house (first floor) and I have a smoke alarm in everyone room that contains a fireplace and I have one in the kitchen. It has been my observation that it does take longer then I would like for it to turn on, but it does work and prevents the death of my Sim. Also I am using the "normal" height walls in all of my rooms. 

One thing to note it will only work where there is a celling, so make sure that you dont have some kind of strange construction issue. 

Message 2 of 5 (10,808 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I'll try putting it outside...mine is on the inside of the house.

Message 3 of 5 (9,658 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Since Island Living my single sim had a huge fire in her Willow Creek garden in spite of the sprinkler system. It is out of control and going all around the stone walls. (Why them anyway? She has no energy to put it out any more and collapses on the pavement.  I believe that the Island Living local Sim fire brigade system is having a bad effect on Willow Creek etc. where there is no compatible help.

Please can Maxis make some effort to deal with fires or make the sprinkler system work in gardens when there is a solitary Sim please. They didn't spread so violently before IL.

Message 4 of 5 (3,939 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @mcwaverley4.

Thanks for your query! As mentioned in the accepted resolution, you will want to ensure there's a ceiling for the sprinklers to attach to so that the sprinklers can rain from above, if you don't already have a ceiling in place.

As this thread is about five years old, I'll be locking it. If you do run across any new bugs, please make sure to file a fresh report.

Thanks!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 5 of 5 (3,921 Views)