Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Cannot Perform Eco Upgrades

by maudebenoit16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] [ECO] Cannot Perform Eco Upgrades (Missing Upgrade Parts)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, University, City Living, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Seasons, Dine Out, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Obtain 2 eco upgrade parts, click a sink and select upgrade
What happens when the bug occurs? Upgrades that require eco upgrade parts still appear grayed out even though my sim has the correct number of eco upgrade parts in their inventory
What do you expect to see? The upgrade that I have the correct amount of parts for should be white and clickable so that my sim can perform the upgrade
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim has 2 eco upgrade parts, but the upgrades that require 1 and 2 eco upgrade parts are still not available.  I have tried this with and without my cc installed, and it still doesn't work.  I don't not have any script mods installed to my game.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 40 (14,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

As others have said, it's not a bug. The tooltip is just confusing, but it works the same way as the other upgrades in the game. The tooltip is telling you how many parts you're missing. So if it says 2 parts, you're still missing 2 parts.

View in thread

Message 27 of 40 (21,718 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cannot Perform Eco Upgrades

Hero
@Silfeh Sounds a bit like the issue the bots had in Uni. Can you try if it works if you have 4 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 40 (14,748 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have the same problem with mine. My sim currently has 6 eco upgrade parts and cannot even carry out the upgrades requiring just one part.
Message 3 of 40 (14,710 Views)

★ Guide

I have 3 of the more expensive dew collectors. The first took like 5 upgrade parts. The last one required 9.

Message 4 of 40 (14,634 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm not too sure but i think the issue is that the game doesn't accept parts found through dumpster diving, because when I made more in the fabricator I was able to do the repairs.  

Message 5 of 40 (14,630 Views)

Hero
@Silfeh haven't had a chance to play the pack much but is there any chance to distinguish where you got them from ? Cause if not, .. still sounds like a bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 40 (14,612 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fabricated mine and am still having the issue. I think it’s a bug within the game. Hope they fix it soon. 

Message 7 of 40 (14,590 Views)

★ Guide

I fab'd mine and the quantity still kept increasing with each thing I upgraded.

Message 8 of 40 (14,572 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Xohmychels I also fabricated mine. Hopefully it's fixed soon!
Message 9 of 40 (14,497 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@Silfeh Quick question: where did you get the eco upgrade parts?
Message 10 of 40 (14,470 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help