[NOT BUG] Cured vampire sims won't age

by nessy_v_hill

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Cured vampire sims won't age

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So I got bored of my sim being a vampire and I decided to change him back to a normal sim so he could grow old. Once cured however his age is suck on 'Days till age up 1' but the bar is empty. He can't be aged up using a cake, the option isn't there. I've tried moving the family in and out of the lot, and that still didn't work. Lastly I tried testing cheats, cas.fulledit and aged him up that way hoping it would kickstart the process, but that didn't work either and I definitely have auto-aging on for everyone. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11 (3,598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cured vampire sims won't age

Hero

Hi @nessy_v_hill

Since Vlad is a bit of a special Sim, he has a special trait that keeps him from aging.

It's called trait_IntroToVampire_Caller (+ Disable aging)

I'm not sure if the disable aging part is part of the trait name or not. Basically what you would need to do is remove that trait but I have no idea what it would do to the game so I would use that with caution.

Could you try any other Sim to see if you have the same issue ? I believe this is not a bug and simply connected to Vlad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (3,812 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you upload the Sim to the gallery and post the name ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,590 Views)

Hero

Tagging @nessy_v_hill for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (3,579 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No matter what family name I give it, I just get the response 'The family name should contain at least 1 character and at most 25 characters' and I can save it to my library, but not upload it Frown

Message 4 of 11 (3,566 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your whole save game then  ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (3,557 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've uploaded the latest saves, let me know if you need anything else! thanks! 

Message 6 of 11 (3,544 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

I'll check it out

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (3,539 Views)

Hero

Hi @nessy_v_hill

Since Vlad is a bit of a special Sim, he has a special trait that keeps him from aging.

It's called trait_IntroToVampire_Caller (+ Disable aging)

I'm not sure if the disable aging part is part of the trait name or not. Basically what you would need to do is remove that trait but I have no idea what it would do to the game so I would use that with caution.

Could you try any other Sim to see if you have the same issue ? I believe this is not a bug and simply connected to Vlad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (3,813 Views)

★★ Apprentice

thanks for checking it out, I won't be able to check this week but I will next time I can and update. Thanks again for your help!

Message 9 of 11 (3,514 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This glitch sounds a lot like the 'age glitch' I've experienced in my own game, where the sim (always originally an npc) won't age and can't die. It says in the age bar it has '4 days' before aging up but the bar isn't filled. Although I don't have vampires in my game currently, the timing of this vamp. glitch and the age glitch seems to match up as well. So far, my only true workaround has been to figure out with a mod which npc sim isn't aging and delete them from the manage households menu (pain in the booty but works). Only sad problem is a couple of them are now 'played' (because I was testing the glitch) and are attached to my played sims, relationship-wise, so trying to contain an incorporate those into a story-line of some sort. :D

Message 10 of 11 (3,480 Views)