[NOT BUG] Can't Place Fences after latest patch

by Kerry_Lady

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NOT BUG] Can't Place Fences after latest patch

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I was playing the game for most of yesterday and today.  I was able to place fences in the Build/buy mode yesterday but I hadn't tried it earlier today so I don't know for sure if I was able to.  However, I exited the game and when I logged in again there was an update for me to do.  I did it and now I can't place fences.   I get the message "Must be applied to a room" so I am unable to place it.

Help please!

Message 1 of 15 (18,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Place Fences after latest patch

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict   @manzana0807   @aeonfluxx75 

here's to a OH DUH moment it seems the game auto goes to Basketball and i didn't notice it  until i was in build mode just five mins ago see my image to see Basketball

make sure when in game selecting your fence that the (see image) 1 or 2 is selected if it is on 3 you'll run into the must be applied to a room

1 place fence by drawing

2 place fence by encolsure

3 change fence thats where you'll get the must be applied to a room message as the fence needs to be there already to replace it so for example if you placed a wooden fence but now want a rope fence you apply the rope fence over the wooden fence to replace it

edit typo

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (17,207 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added

EDIT: Is it just replacing that doen't work or can't you place at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (18,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can't place the fences on the ground.  If I do as the message tells me and apply the fence to a room, the fence replaces the wall.

Message 3 of 15 (18,863 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't fence off my lot, I have to move one square in to build my fence Frown

Message 4 of 15 (18,860 Views)

Hero

From what I hear (haven't tried myself) there's some button you need to press for replace/new mode ? Not sure though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (18,856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This has happened to me as well but I was never able to place a fence.  I get a message telling me it must be applied to a room so I'm unable to fence off property at all, no matter how far in I try.  I have not tried since the last patch but will update if it's changed.  Just wanted to add my experience with this.  I figured I'd work around that by using premade community built homes that had a fence around the property or garden area.  Oh yeah, I have tried removing an existing fence to put another up in its place but I am again confronted with that "must be applied to a room, etc." message.  Hopefully it will be addressed but it's a minor inconvenience for me at this juncture (in comparison to some other irritations I've encountered).  Confusedmileywink:

Message 6 of 15 (18,826 Views)

Hero (Retired)

same here even if an empty lot is chosen to build from scratch and one starts with  fenching the property off can't place  must be applied to a room

the only workaround i did for this was to build walls the length i needed then used the slider in foundations to bring the fence to ground level unfortunaly the house foundations is brought to the same level having so that build won't need stairs to the front door , if i build a build that needs stairs up to the front door then the foundation level needs to slid up on the slider but the results are not good indeed and because the wall/fence if the foundation is raised you can't have gate in the fence unless you lower the foundation

09-19-14_8-03 PM.png09-19-14_8-01 PM-2.png

09-19-14_8-01 PM.png

Message 7 of 15 (18,819 Views)

Hero

@rumbutter is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (18,488 Views)

★★ Pro

I can't place fences on preexisting houses - even if they are one tile in from the edge of the lot, because I get the message about it needs to be applied to a room as well.

I haven't built anything from scratch yet - just edited downloaded or EA houses and always this message pops up. I like fences around my houses and I'm so confused about this. Why can't the fences just work like in Sims 3? - they don't seem very logical to me thus far.

Message 9 of 15 (18,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict 

still an issue i launched a new game with a new sim on her property the same issue also i went to the edge of the lot to add a fence same can't place a fence (image 1)  edit to add it makes no difference which fence you choose it's the same result

i also went to edit town sorry i should say manage worlds choose an empty lot to build from scratch guess what? yessss you guessed right :D must be applied to a room

AND can't place a fence on the lot unless one has a wall or foundation and one can't place a foundation unless one places a wall first or a room

apply to room 1.pngapply to room.png

adjust foundation.png

Message 10 of 15 (18,474 Views)