[OPEN] [NKSP] Cannot ship sold items from plopsy (Patch 1.76.81)

by beccishepz97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [NKSP] Cannot ship sold items from plopsy (Patch 1.76.81)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, cats and dogs, seasons, eco lifestyle, dine out, realm of magic, stranger Ville, vampires, cool kitchen stuff, fitness stuff, laundry day stuff, my first pet, nifty knitting pack, perfect patio, spooky stuff, tiny living, vintage glamour stuff, bust the dust kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? once you have sold an item on plopsy it will not let you ship it
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing, it doesnt even register the action
What do you expect to see? the item being posted to the letter box and sold
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. PC: 1.76.81.1020

I cannot ship my sold items on plopsy 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 21 (3,933 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cannot ship sold items from plopsy

Hero
@beccishepz97 Could you try replacing the mail box

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (3,916 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@beccishepz97 Could you try replacing the mail box

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (3,917 Views)

Plopsey not working again

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville ,jungle, parenthood, vampires ,dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, all of the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? sell on plopsey
What happens when the bug occurs? when an item sells on plopsey my sim doesn't ship it when i click on it
What do you expect to see? my sim shipping the item in mail box
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

only happerend twice so far 

Message 3 of 21 (3,921 Views)

Re: Plopsey not working again

Hero
@Carlyh25 Did you test without mods installed ? It's possible that a mod corrupts the mailbox and then it doesn't work. Does replacing the mail box work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (3,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue. Clicking on the ship option in inventory did nothing, and doing the same with the item out of inventory just made my sim return it to inventory. Replacing the mailbox did seem to fix the issue for me though.

Message 5 of 21 (3,812 Views)

Re: [NKSP] Cannot ship sold items from plopsy (Patch 1.76.81)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hm... never mind.  Resetting the apartment's mailboxes fixed it.  I'm finding that I need to do that frequently, however, so I'd still have to say it's a bug.

I also have to have my Sim walk outside her apartment before telling my Sim to ship it, or else the interaction will cancel.  At a guess, I'd say that the game thinks the mailbox isn't part of the property because it's in an area the player can't edit.

Message 6 of 21 (3,713 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue.  It seems to happen at apartments rather than houses.

Message 7 of 21 (3,620 Views)

★★★ Novice

Similar to you, I will command my sim to create the * and it will go into my sims inventory after it's finished. Then, I list the item on Plopsy. After about a few hours/days in sims, an NPC will want to purchase the item. When I click "ship on Plopsy" the action doesn't go through at all. There's not even a command icon for it to happen. I've even tried dragging the item out of the inventory and clicking "ship on Plopsy" but the same thing happens, only this time the sim puts it back into their inventory.

I've posted 2 images of the bug that continues to happen. I'm unsure of what to do in order to fix it as I have no mods installed and I've recently did a full game repair. I'm not sure if the save is corrupted or what but this is a really odd issue. 

Message 8 of 21 (3,549 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 21 (3,477 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruNick From my personal experience, this happens in appartments as the ship on plopsy interaction has a test on it that prevents shipping plopsy items on lots you Sim is not the owner of. Technically, they obviously do not own the appartment they are living it, which makes sense as they just rented it.
Removing the lot_owner tests from the tuning file plopsy_Ship_Wall entirely solved the issue for me.
Message 10 of 21 (3,465 Views)