by Reekyteek

Original Post

[NKSP] Can't acquire some poor quality knitting items

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 169571020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the star wars and snowy escape packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? attempt to knit a claire the bear, llama decorative pot, pepper the penguin, and baby onsie in the "poor quality" funny rainbow colored swatch. Knit a hanging plant or mailbox in the "poor quality" funny rainbow coloured swatch, put it in a room, save the room to the gallery then download that room.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have been unable to aquire, claire the bear, the llama decorative pot, pepper the penguing, or the baby onesie in the "poor quality" funny rainbow coloured swatch. Despite having knit hundreds of each item. when you download the room with a "poor quality" swatch of mailbox or plant hanger when "poor quality" swatch turns into one of the normal swatches, despite being able to see the "poor quality" swatch in the gallery image.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to knit every item in the "poor quality" swatch. When I download a room that was saved with poor quality items, I expect to place a room with poor quality items. (poor quality crafted items are available in the furniture that can be built with the handiness skill in the basegame. I have saved rooms full of these items and they placed with no trouble from the gallery.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am very frustrated. In the knitting pack there is a feature where you can knit poor quality knittable items. They come out rainbow coloured and often have holes or are lopsided in some way. I saw this on the stream that the gurus made to show off the pack. I was eager to knit and knit until I had knitted one of every item in every colour, including the fun "Mistake" versions. 

I have spent the last week working my sims to the bone to knit the items. I even recruited sims from other families and moved them to my household to get them working on knitting too. Imagine my disappointment when several rainbow items seem to be impossible to knit. I have looked in debug and the rainbow items are not present. This is no problem to me as I wanted to knit everything myself, however I can't use debug to check if there even are rainbow swatches of the items I can't seem to knit. I have knitted hundreds of baby onesie's, claire the bear, grim, the ceramic llama and pepper the penguin. I have tanked my sim's needs to increase the chances of poor quality knitting. I don't know what else to do to acquire these items which I was so exited for as I bought the pack. 

When I did manage to knit every swatch of an item it got to be too much clutter for one sim house. So I sorted the items into rooms and saved them to the gallery,  to use as I complete builds. This is a strategy I often use for collected or crafted items in the game. I decided to do some reorganization and save my rooms in a different way, so I redownloaded some of my knitting rooms. I was devastated to find that many of my poor quality items had changed into "normal" swatches. I have spent hours to unlock those items and now they are gone! 

I was looking forward to building a rainbow themed Burrow from Harry Potter and sharing it to the gallery for my friends. At the moment even if I re knitted all the items I would be unable to share with them, or even bring it to my other save games.

I hope something can be done about this. It is very disheartening to me that my efforts to acquire and keep items that were advertised as features of the pack might have lead to nothing. Hours and hours of my time down the drain. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 3 (890 Views)

Re: poor quality knittables bugs

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Reekyteek Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (851 Views)

Re: [NKSP] Can't acquire some poor quality knitting items

★★★★ Apprentice

I was also very disappointed to find that they revert to normal once you place them into gallery. Frown 

Message 3 of 3 (598 Views)