NHL 23 Phantom Controller Bug after Controller Disconnects on Xbox Series X

by Cave_Waverider

Original Post

GHOST CONTROLLERS ON XBOX APP WHEN PLAYING EA GAMES

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 23
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Brax
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up NHL 23 launch the xbox app, stream your xbox to your pc, load any EA game, get a ghost controller
What happens when the bug occurs? unable to play the game as the ghost controller is locked to your team in franchise mode on NHL 23
What do you expect to see? EA fix the ghost controller issue
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 5:00
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region. -
What is your game language? English

Ghost controller issue with EA games makes NHL unplayable on the XBOX app and Xbox support stated they have tried to contact you to fix the issue as it only happens with EA games

Message 11 of 29 (1,428 Views)

Re: Two controllers glich nhl 23

★★★ Novice
@ericdan12 I have the same issue on all modes and all EA games while using the Xbox app to stream the game to my PC
Message 12 of 29 (1,424 Views)

Re: NHL 23 Phantom Controller Bug after Controller Disconnects on Xbox Series X

★ Guide
@MegaBeef1200 It's so frustrating, time wasting, sucks out all the immersion
Message 13 of 29 (1,430 Views)

Re: GHOST CONTROLLERS ON XBOX APP WHEN PLAYING EA GAMES

★★★ Novice

why was my thread combined with this one as well??? someone took the time to read it didn't reply adds my thread to a thread about a separate bug that has nothing to do with mine, just causes the same effect 

Message 14 of 29 (1,332 Views)

Re: GHOST CONTROLLERS ON XBOX APP WHEN PLAYING EA GAMES

★★★ Novice

to make things clear u currently have two bugs causing ghost controllers, the one where if u just go afk and your controller turns off and the one if u just use the xbox app u get one, I currently have 3 ghost controllers from the multiple different bugs 

Message 15 of 29 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I sent in a direct ticket to and they just closed it without even doing anything so looks like they don't even care it is happening!!

Message 16 of 29 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello, everyone. This is an issue we're aware of and investigating. When we have some news, that should be announced on our official channels.

@MegaBeef1200 

When you submit a bug report, it's just a report that lets us know you found a bug. They don't get a response, but it does report the issue to us.

Aljo.png
Message 17 of 29 (1,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Starting to think that this is not a bug but rather a trojan horse to allow access to the users info. It’s a phantom presence that can’t be manipulated by even the user (owner) of the game.  Why?  Why have this extra controller that can’t be controlled by the user? Why does my system detect multiple controllers when I only have one active (powered on). Maybe I’m wearing a tinfoil hat but it’s big tech doing a big tech info grab.  

Message 18 of 29 (1,066 Views)

Community Manager

@USMC0331BigAl wrote:

Starting to think that this is not a bug but rather a trojan horse to allow access to the users info. It’s a phantom presence that can’t be manipulated by even the user (owner) of the game.  Why?  Why have this extra controller that can’t be controlled by the user? Why does my system detect multiple controllers when I only have one active (powered on). Maybe I’m wearing a tinfoil hat but it’s big tech doing a big tech info grab.  

There are a lot of pretty wild assumptions here, but I think this might be the best. It's absolutely not true though.

Aljo.png
Message 19 of 29 (1,055 Views)

★★ Novice
@BourbonGoat BRO MINE OFFICIALLY HAS 6 GHOST CONTROLLERS. THIS IS TICKING ME OFF
Message 20 of 29 (1,004 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help