NHL 21 HUT RUSH My Ultimate Team event causes error

by klausboop

Original Post

NHL 21 HUT RUSH My Ultimate Team event causes error

★★★ Apprentice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:PlayStation 5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Hut Rush. Select the "My Ultimate Team" event that started today. Draft your team. Be confused that you can't select some of your cards for some of the lineups (i.e. I have 99 Sean Couturier as my Center in the main lineup, but I can't select him for Power Play. Same with a couple of other cards". Finish. Then try to play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I select Play CPU, then any difficulty, it says "NO TEAMS AVAILABLE" -- There are currently no teams available, please try again later." The same thing happens if I select Play Online. If I select Edit Lineup, I get a screen that says "ERROR -- Failed to retrieve data; please try again later. ERROR CODE: 1a46162f2a473b5a-0000000000009999-3ff00d927c4c9e4d," and when I hit Select it drops me back to the main NHL 21 screen VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: the other new Hut Rush mode, "Mascot Rivals," works fine in all modes, I've played several games. I power-cycled my PS5 and got the same results.
What do you expect to see? I expected to be able to play the game.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here HUT RUSH
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 07:30 PM
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? abcde_fz
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

No additional information, please see screenshots for errors

Message 1 of 12 (6,607 Views)

Re: NHL 21 HUT RUSH My Ultimate Team event causes error

★★★ Apprentice

Ugh, one of my screenshots didn't post.  Here's the other one (though I did describe it in the original text).  This is the No Teams Available one.

Message 2 of 12 (6,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi there, @klausboop.

Let's start with the basics since I'm not seeing other reports of this. I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 12 (6,569 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Done, @EA_Aljo 

Unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. I also did the license refresh I've seen in some other responses, that didn't resolve the issue either.

Message 4 of 12 (6,560 Views)

Community Manager

@klausboop 

Thanks for trying. I'm looking into this and will let you know when I have some new information. One other thing to try would be to rebuild the database with the instructions here. I'm not too optimistic that's going to help, but it's worth trying. I'll be in touch when I have some more information.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 12 (6,551 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo I followed the instructions there and rebuilt the database.  Unfortunately that didn't help Frown

In addition to "My Ultimate Team" looking like a fun HUT Rush event, I see that the rewards for the Sept 21-Oct 1 HUT Rush include a gold collectible, an icon collectible, and a choice pack!  I definitely wat to go for those but I'm going to have a hard time getting those if I don't have access to one of the events, so I appreciate your continued support on this!

Message 6 of 12 (6,545 Views)

Community Manager

@klausboop 

Thanks for the update. When I have some news, I'll let you know.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 12 (6,541 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Any update, @EA_Aljo ?  Is there anything I can do?  I don't want to miss out on the event (and the rewards!) Frown

Message 8 of 12 (6,525 Views)

Community Manager

@klausboop 

I'm still waiting for an update on this. I'm not sure it's going to be resolved, but chances are good you'll be ok for the next event. As soon as I have some news, I'll provide an update. I'm very sorry for the frustration with this.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 12 (6,514 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the follow-up, @EA_Aljo .  It's definitely a bummer, because I'm not going to be able to achieve enough points to get the high-level rewards without the points I'd get from completing the objectives that event. Frown  I know NHL 22 is about to come out but I'm still playing NHL 21 HUT every day Standard smile

That said, we're so close to the next release please don't worry about it, and thanks again for your work on the ticket.

Message 10 of 12 (6,502 Views)