NHL 21 Franchise Mode - Younger players who did well do poorly next year

by Gh05t257

Original Post

Re: NHL 21 Franchise Mode Massive Player Bug

★★★★ Novice

Update, looks like it's still not working properly. Started a new franchise mode and now Dubois, Sergachev and Debrusk are experiencing the same problem.

Message 11 of 22 (927 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Gh05t257 I don’t think it’ll be fixed for another few patches. There’s so many broken features in FM and BAP, that I wouldn’t be surprised if this year wasn’t written off to be honest.
This game is a pathetic disaster, and it’s so frustrating because I want to play it. I paid money for it. I love hockey. But I got ripped off so hard. These game breaking bugs make it pointless to play NHL at all right now.
Message 12 of 22 (904 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hoping that the next patch will fix this, though I doubt it will.

Having prospects/young players not develop properly really makes the game mode worthless
Message 13 of 22 (857 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SkylerJames13 EA has still been completely silent when it comes to BAP or FM issues and bugs
Message 14 of 22 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This post was made in December, here I am in February having my Anaheim Ducks franchise mode ruined by the exact same glitch. Still hasn’t been fixed. This game is the laziest piece of media I’ve probably ever experienced or seen produced. I’ve bought every game since 07, and the past few years I’ve genuinely felt insulted by the lack of effort or respect we get from EA as consumers. Don’t think I’ll be buying another EA hockey game ever again. HUT has ruined everything that was once good about these games. 

Message 15 of 22 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@DJcrumblebottoms The other thread on this was posted in early November... so it’s worse than you think.

I haven’t played the game since mid-January due to this bug. I was remaining optimistic on it, but then the lack of effort to address it in patch 1.4 (which came almost two complete months after patch 1.3) broke me.

There is absolutely no way I buy NHL 22 unless it’s cheaper than $70 to address the fact that we were given an unplayable game, and explicitly mention this bug is fixed in the release notes.

I doubt either will happen.
Message 16 of 22 (667 Views)

★★★ Guide
@kyl_35 Honestly I would be very cautious about buying nhl 22 unless it’s half price. The reason being.. IF, and that’s a big if, they fix this bug, there is still many reasons to be cautious. What other bugs will they introduce? Is the GM AI still going to be completely broken like it is right now? The trade values still absolutely wonky, where nhl 20 is better? Is the trade deadline still going to be an inconvenient buggy gimmick? Are we still going to be unable to edit players to properly align their play style with their attributes? Are TWF/TWD still going to be detrimental to chemistry? Is chemistry and coaching still going to be botched and half fleshed out?
When nhl 22 releases, I would give it a good two months and watch this forum to see how badly they botch it and how bad the bugs are etc
Message 17 of 22 (649 Views)

★★★ Guide
@kyl_35 Because if we’ve learned anything, it’s that after they release the game we get about 2-3 months of “updates and fixes” if we’re lucky to even see any for FM.. before they give up on the game mode and leave us out to dry
Message 18 of 22 (648 Views)

★★ Pro

Don’t forget they are moving to next gen for NHL 22 and the last time they did that, we got a bare bones game with tons of removed features. There are also some rumours about them switching to frostbite as well, so those two factors may lead to even more issues than we have now including actual gameplay… or it could be really great, who knows.

Message 19 of 22 (632 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Beauts90 Considering EA’s track record.. I would legitimately bet money on it being bare bones and awful, like the last time.
With that being taken into consideration, I see why nhl 21 was abandoned so quickly (doesn’t make it right though, it’s sad on their part) as they are probably putting all their time into making the jump to next gen. but as we know, it’ll be the same old song and dance. New console gen, new nhl gen series, and new bugs and removed features.

I won’t be buying a ps5 for some time as I mostly play PC now, and they won’t make the jump there, so I probably won’t be buying NHL for a while. Which sucks because I love hockey but I’ll also be saving money by not buying a game that is usually unplayable.

Once PS5 drops in price I’ll probably buy it, but probably won’t be buying nhl 22, maybe nhl 23 if the bugs aren’t too numerous.

If they fix nhl 21 I will quickly change my tune, but I don’t think that will be happening.

I would just like some feedback from EA. why did they remove so many features? Explain how the chemistry and coaching systems work the way they do? Just communicate with us, instead of leaving us in the dark all the time
Message 20 of 22 (620 Views)