Re: NHL 21 - Be A Pro : Injury Information Bug / Missing Feature

by OKyleRittenhouse

Original Post

NHL 21 - Be A Pro : Injury Information Bug / Missing Feature

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Injure any player in Be A Pro , after their rookie season.
What happens when the bug occurs? In NHL 17-20 when you would get injured, you would simulate a only a couple of games and then picture would appear of a player in a medical examination room with a doctor/trainer. Ontop of this picture was a text overlay that informed you what your injury was specifically, and how many weeks you will be out of commission. It seems in NHL 21 you do not get any injury information and merely have to simulate a unknown amount of games until your back.
What do you expect to see? The simple injury information UI screen that was in the previous games. Be A Pro injuries might as well be turned off if we are not told what our injury is or how long it is. Not to mention playing as an Enforcer all immersion and realism is gone when I can't keep track of my injuries or the length of them. In NHL 18 - 19 - 20 I would get various injuries depending on the play. I could get broken knuckles from a fight, or sometimes if I lost even my nose would be broken. Or my jaw one season too. There was so many injuries and time lengths to them it made me be cautious about fighting, and who I fought. Also one hit could cause a serious upper or lower body injury and those can be even longer then the aforementioned head injuries. But all of that information seems to be gone in BAP in 21. Not sure why. Would love to see this back in the game, and was shocked to see it removed.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here BAP - Be A Pro
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 24/7
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? DefensiveGoon
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/A
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region. N/A
What is your game language? English

Mode : Be A Pro

Bug : Injury Information

Description : as mentioned in the report in all other NHL titles ( starting around 2016 with the introduction of the enforcer engine ) you could and most likely would be injured while playing Be A Pro. And when you were injured the following would occur.

- You would be pulled from play and your camera perspective changes , a text appears ( you were injured )

- Sometimes it would not be severe and they would allow you to return to play, and would warn you not to aggravate it.

- If it was too bad of an injury it would tell you you are out and have to simulate the remaining duration of the game

And that part is still in the game, however what is missing is what comes post game. In your BAP menu. After an injury that is severe enough for you to not return to the game and you are back in the BAP UI / Home page. And when you would simulate or go to play the next game it would say something like " You have sustained and injury, and we should have more information soon. " , you would then simulate another game or two it would then bring you to what I mentioned above. A picture would appear in black and white in the background with a Doctor / Trainer and a presumed to be player on the examination table. There was a text overlay that would be infront of this picture and would tell you specifically what your injury was , and the duration in weeks expected for you to make a full recovery. That is completely gone now. And you get no information and have to spam simulations for unknown lengths until you are suddenly back in the lineup. It's a very small feature and simply comes down to a JPG and text overlay, but it added much needed realism and immersion to BAP. I'd very much like to see it in NHL 21. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (6,119 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, took a bad hit and my be a pro is out for 31 games straight lol might turn off this feature since no informations on my injury is available anywhere. I got hit and injuried again and I'm currently missing 2 playoffs rounds because of this, at least add infos about the injuries.

Message 2 of 5 (6,091 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The only thing I enjoyed playing aside from EASHL 6's was Be A Pro. And with this simple feature now being gone it completely ruins what little immersion and realism I had in the game. Especially playing as an enforcer. In other NHL games I would have a variety of injuries, and it would tell me all about them and recovery time. Now it's just a little " Your Injured " text overlay with NOTHING post game about your condition. Makes BAP not fun as an Enforcer when it's like this, or any other player type I'd imagine.

Message 3 of 5 (6,052 Views)

★★★ Guide
@OKyleRittenhouse Yeah, in addition to having no information about your injuries, the immersion is ruined especially for being an enforcer. Why would the scouts and media portray an enforcer to be the next big superstar? Ruins the game mode lol you can’t play how you want. EA has forced you to play to a super linear ‘story’ mode that limits you to being the next Bobby Orr, the next Gretzky, or the next Hasek. No room for anything else.

The game mode is missing a ton of features. Most notably, the lack of a junior season. That’s just sad and ruins the game, among many other aspects
Message 4 of 5 (6,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@SkylerJames13 This drove me just as insane as the Injury Information Glitch did. The nature of the script in Be A Pro FORCES you to ALWAYS be the hero and center of attention. Why should I be as just a 4th line plug and enforcer?. That's what was honestly fun about the previous games to me. I could at least slightly simulate the goon life. And the goon life is being in the AHL and then getting called up to play, and if your lucky hanging around a season. Now in NHL 21 I can't even play in the CHL and the AHL stuff is also more limited it seems. And the presentation always thrusts you into the limelight despite your performance or role. As you said why should anyone be highlighting my hits and fights when there is a centerman or forward with multiple goals and points in assists that game. It ALWAYS shows your highlights and shows you on the bench. Nevermind the AI that performed better, they get little to no love in any of the BAP game presentation. There was games where I did nothing and would be talked about as if I was Crosby and scored 5 goals. Meanwhile 2-3 people on my team scored and there is barely any notice. The immersion and realism is also broken due to issues like that. The game makes you the hero and MVP even if you did not perform as such. I remember in NHL 19-20 my small enforcer build was a ton of fun. But I had to pick my fights wisely. One time I fought Wilson and got my nose broken. Another time I thought I was ready for Ovi and got a concussion. Missed damn near the entire playoffs. Got sent down that year. And another time after a bad hit I challenged Chara like an idiot. He pushed and pulled me down and barely struck me, yet I got an upper body injury from being taken down. That's what made the game fun, and all the information therein. Now it seems those little immersive features that were there before are now gone for some unknown reason.

Message 5 of 5 (6,013 Views)