NHL 2022 BE A PRO MASSIVE DIALOGUE GLITCH (GAME FREEZES)

by zteb9t15qml0

Original Post

NHL 2022 BE A PRO MASSIVE DIALOGUE GLITCH (GAME FREEZES)

★★ Novice

Product: NHL 22
Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Basically in be a pro when you simulate for the next game and a conversation/dialogue is trigguered, the sceen is blank and doesn't show you any responses and you cant click anything or even go back in the menu you have to restart the game. I'm stuck in this screen and about to lose all of my hard earned progress lol. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, removing local files and redownload them from the cloud. I tried resetting ps5 cash by unplugging everything for 2 mins. PS5 and game are on the last update and I feel like this has started since last patch. PLEASE NOT THAT THIS IS NOT A SYSTEM ISSUE SINCE ALL THE OTHER GAMES WORK PERFECTLY FINE AND ALL THE OTHER NHL 2022 MODES ARE ASLO WORKING FINE
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes.
What do you expect to see? Dialogue responses as per usual
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be a pro mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) every day
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? hacksars
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Basically in be a pro when you simulate for the next game and a conversation/dialogue is trigguered, the sceen is blank and doesn't show you any responses and you cant click anything or even go back in the menu you have to restart the game. I'm stuck in this screen and about to lose all of my hard earned progress lol. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, removing local files and redownload them from the cloud. I tried resetting ps5 cash by unplugging everything for 2 mins. PS5 and game are on the last update and I feel like this has started since last patch. PLEASE NOT THAT THIS IS NOT A SYSTEM ISSUE SINCE ALL THE OTHER GAMES WORK PERFECTLY FINE AND ALL THE OTHER NHL 2022 MODES ARE ASLO WORKING FINE
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes.
What do you expect to see? Dialogue responses as per usual
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be a pro mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) every day
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? hacksars

Hi!

So i've been spending hours and hours improving my player until 99 rating in be a pro and now i've got a glitch where when I simulate to the next game, a conversation with the coach is triggered. The problem is that conversation has a bug where there isn't any dialogue options showing on the screen and making me stuck in that screen no matter what I do.

I tried loading a saved backup from earlier, I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and nothing works.

the only solution I'd have is starting a new save from scratch and tbh this would be a big bummer given the number of hours I put in this game!

im new to the forum so excuse me if this topic is misplaced im just desperately looking for help lol!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!!

Here's a link to the video discribiing the issue : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tKe6kgxhWcR8n6jZMB4Zjbx2eEPDxsgt/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 79 (9,403 Views)

Re: NHL 2022 BE A PRO MASSIVE DIALOGUE GLITCH (GAME FREEZES)

★★ Novice

Anyone?

Message 2 of 79 (9,325 Views)

Re: NHL 2022 BE A PRO MASSIVE DIALOGUE GLITCH (GAME FREEZES)

★★★ Newbie
@zteb9t15qml0 this is happening to me too, did you find a way to get it fixed?
Message 3 of 79 (9,232 Views)

Conversation bug

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In be a pro all conversations are coming up blank and the screen will not proceed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Have to close app but it does not resolve I cannot advance my career
What do you expect to see? Normal function for conversation
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be a pro
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) All the time
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? AGalgoul

AJ Galgoul

Message 4 of 79 (9,168 Views)

Re: Conversation bug

★★ Novice

Its unbelievable that nobody even acknowledged our issue! I litteraly stopped playing the game altogether so much i was gutted by having lost all of my progress!

EA CAN SOMEONE AT LEAST ANSWER US OR GIVE US ANY POTENTIAL SOLUTION TO THIS?

What a disappointing unfinished game we were handed tbh

Message 5 of 79 (9,108 Views)

Community Manager

@zteb9t15qml0 

Does this happen to you often for other save files with different positions or only for a specific save file?

Does it only happen when you reach a certain rating?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 79 (9,085 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I work in IT so i did my due diligence (i think) in troubleshooting the issue.

I tried 3 different saves (on on the cloud, one local on the ps5 (3 different ones from different dates) and one on my external hard drive. All of them have the same issue, so I wouldn't think this is a corrup save file issue.

Like I mentionned, i tried reinstalling the game after deleting it, bringing my backup to a different ps5 and the same issue occurs.

if that helps, I was on 99 rating (500 hours of play gone in the drain), and all

of this cam after one of ur patches to fix random non relevant answers that were proposed in coach post or mid game conversations. i made some research and someone in the past reported the same issue on 2020 edition and a parch fixed it.

i dont know if its because the be a pro communitu is not big, but no acknowledgement or even reply from Ea was done since a few reports are going online!

could you please guide us on any expected next steps or should I just move on with my life because this will be deemed an isolated case?

Message 7 of 79 (9,081 Views)

Community Manager

@zteb9t15qml0 

We'll need to get this logged down first. I am not sure how reproducible this is. If others can confirm positions and when they exactly experience this and the level of their player we can get an idea where in the timeline it happens. These games are saved locally and there is unfortunately no method through our tools to correct this outside of a patch/update, therefore all we can do on our end in the community is gather the info for the team to bug it. 

We need:

• Gamertag/PSN ID
  • Platform you play on
  • Position of your player
  • Rating
  • Where in the game did it freeze

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 79 (9,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Experiencing the same issue under pretty much the exact same circumstances over on Xbox One as well. As recently as today.

Message 9 of 79 (8,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm experiencing the exact same issue at a coaches discussion immediately following the completion of the tasks to award me with the 3rd eye skill. 

My Gamertag is dwaynegretzly

Xbox one x

Position: C

Rating: 95

The game video freezes at the beginning of a coach conversation when simming from April 14, 2026. 

The coach walks into frame and the game video freezes just as the discussion options are about to show up while the audio continues for at least 10 seconds.

Message 10 of 79 (8,944 Views)