Re: NFS Heat - Controller remapping. PC.

by fancymans

Original Post

NFS Heat - Controller remapping. PC.

★★ Newbie

Product: Playtest
Platform:All
What game do you want to talk about? NFS Heat
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. There is zero ability to customize the controller key mapping. It looks like you can customize the keyboard, but nothing at all to customize the Xbox controller I use on the PC. Apparently even two handed players want the ability. Please see the link below: https://www.reddit.com/r/needforspeed/comments/drxhnf/can_we_please_get_controller_mapping_in_heat_f...
How is this making it more difficult? I don't have a right hand, so I usually swap the left trigger brake to accelerate Since in these games no one uses the break, but they use the e-break. So I have to hold the controller very oddly with my left hand in order to press the right trigger to accelerate. It really sucks.
How can we reproduce this experience? Play NFS Heat with an Xbox controller and try to drive with just your left hand. I have a nub if you will on my right arm, so I use that to press the colored "X Y A B" buttons.

Most games allow keymapping of controllers and keyboards.  But NFS Heat does not whatsoever for the controller.  I thought it was funny it has accessibility options as soon as you start the game, but you can't even remap the buttons, which is likely the first thing most accessibility players do.  I'd even edit a game file if I had to, in order to remap the Xbox controller buttons.  Anyhow thanks in advance, hope you guys can help!

Message 1 of 3 (6,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought this game on a sale and found out I can't customize the controls at all. Going to return it. This is ridiculous for a driving game to not have custom controls

Message 2 of 3 (6,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@fantaisistes idem, l'impression d'une arnaque.....
Message 3 of 3 (2,931 Views)