by EA_David

Original Post

NEXT GEN APEX LEGENDS FPS SPIKES TO 80

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? iTz TiM3x2BLaZe
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It doesn't matter
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Anything in the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Every match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Non stop since control released
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? My frame rate shoots up passed the 60 FPS cap making the game unstable and non enjoyable.
What should be happening instead? The frame rate should stay at 60 and not shoot upto 70-80
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get on a series X console and play on storm point or arena or the firing range and run around and do 360 degree turns and watch the FPS counter. Also hear it's an issue on series S and PS5

There are several clips and screenshots of it online , mine won't help any further benefit you . The FPS shoot passed the 60 FPS CAP on next gen versions of the game , and they have for 6 months now.... so the issue is there in the open ,,,, please...fix...it.

Message 1 of 7 (1,017 Views)

Re: NEXT GEN APEX LEGENDS FPS SPIKES TO 80

Community Manager

@Sweetteetz 

Check if turning off FPS Boost is preferable for you, thanks.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/hardware-network/display-sound/fps-boost-and-auto-hdr

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Trust me , I've tried 60 hz and 120 hz , I've tried monitors and TVs of all resolutions, same issue on my buddies series S . I will say after removing stormpoint on today's update the issue seems to have gotten Way better ... it only jumped to 70 FPS like 4 times in a 30 minute firing range session. So there has to be a connection considering that the stormpoint/control/next gen update is what started this highly unstable FPS mess. Thank you for the reply

@EA_Barry 

Message 3 of 7 (963 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also frame boost is for old games..

Message 4 of 7 (957 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry  so after playing many games on the new broken moon map , I can say the FPS bug is still present . It's not anywhere as bad as when stormpoint is in rotation... but still very unpleasant , if I play on my old xbox one then the FPS might drop to be expected but it's still way more stable than when the crazy FPS spikes happen on next gen (xbos seriesX) it has to be a core game issue with the next gen update because as I said my old xbox plays much more smooth , but the graphics on the next gen are beautiful. It just really sucks because I love this game and on my PC it's flawless in every way , but my friends are on console so I really pray 🙏 this issue can be fixed . There are many post / bug reports of this issue. Thank you

Message 5 of 7 (941 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yea and respawn sucks , it's been a year al.ost now , yet the PS5 version and Series version of apex suckkkkkk. The FPS spike upto 70-80 everymatch when the game has to feed frames,  it's a mess . And it will never get fixed because they don't care hahaha , company is a joke . I can't believe myself and others wasted so much time on this selfish scam of a business. Thanks for everything . Talking to you barry

Message 6 of 7 (843 Views)

Community Manager
And with that we'll lock the thread.
Thank you for the initial report, and I'm sorry that this ultimately went to a frustrating place, but I don't think there's much benefit to continuing the thread.

If we hear anything about changes related to this we'll let folks know.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (834 Views)