[NEEDS SAVES] Music from other modes Plays During Live/Build Mode

by wildirishbanshee

Original Post

The music goes on after I load the household.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of 'em except cats n dogs, my first pet stuff. realms of magic, vampires, home decorator, kits, tiny living, eco lifestyle, get famous, laundry.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you load the game, then the music keeps going on.
What happens when the bug occurs? As the statement above, the music is still on after you load a game or switch households.
What do you expect to see? I expect to cease playing music after I load the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello, I've seen several reports from people who report the same thing. I make this new report, so EA will solve the problem pretty soon once the game patch will be updated. Even though I removed CC and Mods, the issue still goes on. Thank you!

Message 31 of 61 (934 Views)

Re: The music goes on after I load the household.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@my_immortal88 I merged your post with the existing thread for this. Please record a video and send that to EA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-VIDEO-Music-from-other-modes-Plays-During-Live-Build-Mod...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 61 (909 Views)

The Sims 4 Music Bug

Hi,

The Sims 4 in game and The Sims 4 menu mucus affecting my gameplay and it’s seriously so annoying that I can’t play The Sims 4 at all.

I love playing The Sims 4, it’s my favourite game to play when I’m calm and it makes me calm and chilled out person. I love playing cottage Living and I’m obsessed with it, but The Sims 4 bugs,glitches and lags need to be addressed and a workaround. Thank you!

Message 33 of 61 (975 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Music Bug

Community Manager

Hey there @Miles_Gamer_2020 

Is there a specific issue or bug you're experiencing with the music, or are you just looking for a way to turn the in-game music off? If you're looking to turn the music off, you can head into Game Options, click the Audio tab and reduce the volume of the in-game music there.

solaire.png

Message 34 of 61 (871 Views)

@EA_Solaire Evertime when I’m a save file and i but and turn on earbuds is alright when I delete my earbuds or turn them off the music keeps playing and another thing when I play the sims and when I’m in game my game then have music after music like put two and two together
Message 35 of 61 (859 Views)

Community Manager

I merged your post with the existing thread for this.

As @crinrict has requested, please record a video of the issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-VIDEO-Music-from-other-modes-Plays-During-Live-Build-Mod...

solaire.png

Message 36 of 61 (851 Views)

Multi

★★★ Newbie

When I play my game there are multiple different music pieces playing- game music, loading screen music, base screen music.

I have read through many different forums and nothing seems to be working.

I just had a patch update come through as well.

Any advice?

Message 37 of 61 (805 Views)

City Living 4-26-2022 Update Build Music not stopping in Live Mode

★★ Novice

Hey, so, I encountered a bug on April 26, 2022, at 3:54 PM Eastern Standard Time. I was at 21 Chic Street Apartments with all three apartments filled by Penny Pizzazz (game pre-installed Sim) and two households of my own Sims, consisting of a married couple, and a single young adult woman in the other apartment.

When I switched to Build Mode for a second, music played normally, then when I switched back to Live Mode, the music wouldn’t stop playing. Actually, I’m not sure if it was from the loading screen or from Build Mode, but I think it was from Build Mode. When I went to Manage Worlds to check the name of the apartments, the music continued, overlapping with the standard loading and neighborhood music so it was kind of noisy having two songs playing at once. Kind of funny, but chaotic.

The music was playing at a normal speed, just overlapped, in the neighborhood screen, and then just the build music in the live mode. And the same song, no other song. Just the same song looped, now that I think about it. 

Hopefully you guys will get this bug fixed soon.

I’m on Windows 10, and I can post my specs, if you want. I had just installed the update, so all mods were disabled.

PC Version 1.87.40.1030

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHZ (4 Cores)

RAM: 16 GB

Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

I believe I have a sound card, Creative X-Fi, but I can't remember the model. 

Storage: C: Size 2 TB (Local Fixed Disk) NTFS - Free Space 187.62 GB

Storage: F: Size 2.73 TB (Local Fixed Disk) NTFS - Free Space 94.37 GB

I'll post all the packs I have installed as well, in case that triggers something.

Get to Work, Spa Day, Get Together, Dine Out, City Living, Vampires, Bowling Night, Parenthood, Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Seasons, Strangerville, Discover University, (I'm not sure if this counts, but I had Eco Lifestyle installed for the free trial back a long time ago for one save, and then stopped playing that save and never bought Eco Lifestyle yet)

I'll also post all kits in case that triggers something as well.

Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen, Industrial Loft, Throwback Fit, Carnaval Streetwear.

Message 38 of 61 (733 Views)

Re: City Living 4-26-2022 Update Build Music not stopping in Live Mode

Hero
@Rootbeer128 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Could you send your info to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-VIDEO-Music-from-other-modes-Plays-During-Live-Build-Mod...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 61 (680 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Music from other modes Plays During Live/Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was unable to replicate the bug a second time, so no video, but here's the config and save file. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dFMCjvEOWDsnLG1N-ym8LNAaZc06WyE2?usp=sharing

@SimGuruNick 

Message 40 of 61 (672 Views)