[NEEDS VIDEO] Gallery freezes game

by MadameNordica

Original Post

Re: gallery freezes game

★★★★★ Novice

Hi!

I have the same issue. I've noticed that it especially happens if I am active on the gallery. I wait several minutes before restarting Sims. I can take all those steps but they are not working for anyone else, so...

Thanks!

Message 31 of 57 (1,432 Views)

EA Sims Team
@MadameNordica Thanks for the info Standard smile . Just to be sure - did you try moving the entire \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ folder, or only the Tray folder?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 32 of 57 (1,425 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimQARobo I've tried it both ways. No difference. I've tried the entire folder, the tray only and my saves only.
Message 33 of 57 (1,396 Views)

EA Sims Team

@MadameNordica 

Strange.

• Is favoriting the only action in the Gallery that causes freezing for you?  Do other actions like downloading and commenting work OK for you?
  • Does the website version of the Gallery work OK for you?  Are you able to favorite items there?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 57 (1,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LukeSDarko 

@MadameNordica 

@mysticfairy1 

I had some time and read this bug report. And I know why the game freezes when you want to click on someone else's work on the "heart" when you want to add a "like". There is only one reason and that is the fault of the Gallery. If you click on this heart today on someone else's completely new work, it will turn green and nothing will happen. But if you enter the gallery after an hour, this heart will stop being green for you and when you think that you haven't liked it yet and click it a second time - the fun is over. The game freezes and you must shut down the computer if you were in fullscreen mode. It happened to me very often and now I'm always in the Gallery in windowed mode.

Before you click on someone else's work, check the comments if you haven't already written anything there. If your comment is there - you already liked these works and your "like" is counted despite the fact that the heart is white,

Message 35 of 57 (1,331 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, that's not my problem. I've never clicked on like, or hearts or whatever because the gallery freezes before I'm able to do anything.

Message 36 of 57 (1,284 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@LukeSDarko

This may be another reason for this. Check if your anti-virus program is not blocking your Gallery. If you have such a program, google its name plus the word "Disable", disable the program and check if the situation changes. If this program is to blame, add the game to exceptions or uninstall it. To the exceptions in the antivirus, you need to add 2 files: TS4.exe and. TS4_x64.exe. You can find these files in Program Files (x86) / Origin Games / The Sims4 / Games / Bin and BinLE

Another reason could be an overloaded Tray folder - your library. Go to the game folder in Docs.
Path to The Sims 4 folder in Win 10:
Click the Windows badge in the lower-left corner of the screen. From the Start Menu list that opens, select "System" and click it. Another list will open - select This PC Then> C drive> Users> computer name or your name> Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4 and rename the Tray folder to Tray1.
Run the game to generate a new empty Tray folder and check if you still have this problem
Message 37 of 57 (1,236 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just to add to this report, I have similar issues with the freezing. The faves I add will show as a green heart for a while and then disappear, If i then refav an item the game will lock up completely with the spinning hourglass of death.

This only seems to happen on households for me, lots and rooms retain the fav icon.

I have all packs and have taken the step of ordering a new ssd, completely uninstalling the game from my PC (clearing all registry entries) and reinstalling everything from scratch to the new drive.

With a completely fresh install (no mods, cc or tray items added) the issue occurred again immediately.

I have also posted updates in game on a sim called ♥Gallery Issues Update♥ and others have reported the same problem.

When the game locks up the only option is to force closure through taskmanager or reboot (if you are not tech savvy).

This cannot be an issue with peoples installs, cache, saves or tray items as it occurred on a completely fresh download, it is definitely a gallery problem and one that really needs fixing

as constant lockups and crashes will drive players away from the game.

Message 38 of 57 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimQARobo I can - it just takes forever and I cannot sort by ppl I'm following.

re: actions - no this faving is NOT the only action that I freeze up on - sometimes it is sharing or saving my own households or builds. It doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to lot type, household or whatever.

Commenting works ok, but I have arthritis in my hands, so I prefer to fave over typing a comment because then I can play longer, so for me this is an ACCESSIBILITY thing.

Sometimes when it freezes during upload it uploads twice or the og upload doesn't show up in my catalog so I upload again.

most times now when I am able to view gallery sorted by ppl I follow, it won't show that I've faved anyone, even though I have. I sometimes end up UN faving households or builds b/c of that. You can imagine how that makes the creators I'm unfaving feel. It's pretty rotten.
Message 39 of 57 (1,121 Views)

★★★ Guide
@LukeSDarko I've already had to do that b/c I couldn't view the gallery without a bunch of x's so done
Message 40 of 57 (1,120 Views)