[NEEDS VIDEO] Choppy Graphics after Sims Take a Photo

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Re: Issues with graphics after sims take a photo

★★★ Novice

This is the only solution for me too, instantly click esc after exiting "photo mode".

Message 21 of 32 (892 Views)

Re: Issues with graphics after sims take a photo

★ Expert

I have found that opening (and then closing) the sims inventory, or any panel (like relationships, needs, etc.) will bring the lag back under control. I also found this method works for the severe lag that happens coming out of buy mode (into live mode)- open inventory (relationship panel, or needs, etc.). Unsure why, but it seems to adjust the lag somehow.

Message 22 of 32 (879 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Choppy Graphics after Sims Take a Photo

★★★ Guide
@candiecoatediv Can't believe this is still an issue...
Message 23 of 32 (819 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a video where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your video, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 32 (783 Views)

★ Guide

In my opinion the problem is not only with the photo mode or build mode it sometimes happens in normal gameplay. I had this problem also with nVidia RTX 2070 and now i have a RX 6700 XT the problem is like the same. The reason for the choppyness is that the graphics clock get droped to only a few MHz and that result in a massiv framerate drop. Sometimes it comes back to a normal clock faster but sometimes press esc only helps.

I made 2 videos where you can see it (ingame overlay with hardware data).

First happend in normal gameplay and the second is the photo problem.

In my experience the problem gets more bad the longer you play, my videos are after 10min of playing and so the clock gets normal after a short time.

Video Gameplay 

Video Photo 

And this is my Hardware

Windows 10

NO MODS - Game on SSD

Intel Core i5 10400F

AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (Driver 22.11.2 - 30.11.2022)

RAM 32 GB 3200MHz Dual Channel

Message 25 of 32 (674 Views)

★ Guide

Now i got a video from the build mode. The clock from graphics card stays very low and it does not change from self, here i need to press "esc". In the video you can see how the clock get normal after pressing "esc".

Video Buildmode 

Message 26 of 32 (647 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry for doubleposts, i can not edit existing posts here.

And after that i got the absolut worst case. Normal gameplay and clock stay low, "esc" helps for like 3 seconds and clock again gets low. After a few times clock stays low in the "esc" screen. It is a bit longer but in the end you see my settings and that no mods are active and the build number.

Video Worst Case Gameplay 

Message 27 of 32 (635 Views)

★ Guide

Here i have a Video from my Laptop with nVidia GTX 1660Ti, it happend on both systems at this spot in San Myshuno, so maybe it is good for testing because it seems reproducable there.

When pressing "esc" graphics clock get normal and FPS are good.

In some cases the reduction of the graphics clock is not so bad if you switch from fast forward to normal time speed, as you can see in the end of my video.

Video with nVidia graphics

Message 28 of 32 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimGuruNickwow you asked for video but the thread titel is still called "[Needs Video]". Unfortunately, it doesn't feel like the help is appreciated. Devil

Message 29 of 32 (419 Views)

★ Guide

It looks like the thread says "need saves" now but Sim Guru Nick's DMs are closed.

Since we are usually supposed to DM the content someone asked for (rather than positing it back), does anyone know if we should provide saves for this issue? If so, where?

Message 30 of 32 (325 Views)