[NEEDS SAVES] [XB1/PS4] Sim won't accept queued commands

by KCrayog

Original Post

Re: [XB1/PS4] Sim won't accept queued commands

★★★ Novice

Here I am Jan 2020 and I'm still having an issue where my sims get stuck for over 3 hours game time and dont accept the commands. I dont have toddlers, so I dont know that glitch, but I have cats and dogs and at the vet clinic it takes well over 5 in game hours to get through one patient because ALL sims get stuck for numerous in game hours. I have found if I open build mode it will do one of two things. Catch the sim up to the time, or change the time back to when the sim first didnt accept the new commands. It's a guessing game as to what I will get. Its extremely frustrating. 

Message 31 of 70 (1,585 Views)

★★★ Novice

And after posting the above reply, this mess is what's happening, one vet sim is getting stuck at the table, and another vet sim is coming to the table with a patient, and they're glitched into each other.. and they arent moving. Tried build mode, didnt work, tried manage worlds, didnt work, so now I get to wait it out and see if it changes..

Message 32 of 70 (1,579 Views)

★★ Apprentice

And here it is June 2020, the day of the most recent update and STILL my sims won’t do a thing when I click on them and tell them to do something. EA has made a mess of this game and they refuse to fix it. It’s been 4 years and STILL this mess has not been fixed. Uninstalling. Thankfully it was free through PS Plus. Would never have bought this mess of a game. Maxis, why did you sell to such a horrible company????

Message 33 of 70 (1,414 Views)

Why wont my sim eat..

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Unknown
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None just the basic game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Will get to a point in the game and It will just stop doing anything. Wont eat, but says they are hungry. Wont clean or do anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing happens. The sim will stand still and not move.
What do you expect to see? To be able to continually do things especially when the sim needs it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Have not got one 

Message 34 of 70 (1,456 Views)

Re: Why wont my sim eat..

★★★ Novice
Same. This patch broke my game! Now my pets randomly just flat out dissapear and my furniture vanishes before my eyes. My roommate randomly said my house didn't have what he needed and he moved out. My sim forgets how to function and just stands there or wont eat. The laundry doesnt work anymore either. I dont use mods or anything and I have every expansion/stuff pack. I love the eco expansion but its hard to place with all these damn glitches. Any idea when they'll patch it?
Message 35 of 70 (1,185 Views)

★ Novice

My sim gets food out of the fridge, or grabs a serving goes to the table and just gets stuck, wont budge, if you can get them to eat stood up it sometimes works but sometimes will just stay stood still it's so frustrating 

Message 36 of 70 (1,169 Views)

Sims 4 Sims won't do actions

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Jungle Adventure, Discover University, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a teen Sim in Britechester..
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims live in Britechester. This only happens with my teenage Sim. She won't perform certain actions, including socializing and writing. When I try to add some actions to her queue they never appear on the queue and nothing happens. Other times they will appear in the queue and then disappear, fading out as if I had canceled them.
What do you expect to see? I expect the action to stay in my Sim's queue and my Sim to perform that action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded patch 1.26 and 1.27

Please help. This makes the game unplayable.

Message 37 of 70 (1,158 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Sims won't do actions

Hero
@thesparrowbear I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 70 (1,120 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well it’s been 4 years or longer since the game has been out. So maybe that might answer your question. They haven’t fixed this issue since day one so it doesn’t look like they will ever fix it. They will just update the content and fix a few bugs for their newer modules they come out with and fleece the community of their money, but they won’t address the issue at hand. It IS EA after all. Thankfully it was a free game for me, so I didn’t lose any money. And I would never purchase the modules for it anyways, so I’m ok with waiting. As of right now, I have it uninstalled on my PS4 since it is completely unplayable.

Message 39 of 70 (1,085 Views)

Sim frozen in place until they die

★★ Apprentice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is a randomly occurring bug
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim freezes in place, unable to move, or act on other commands. This results on the sim starving to death and dying.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see my sims not freeze in place or fail to act on other commands I choose
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

On this session, I had a sim freeze in place, unable to move or act upon any commands I chose.  The movement and action commands scroll off the screen.  This sim stayed frozen until he starved to death and died.  The only way to resolve this is to find any and all stuck sims, and restart the game before they die.  In this video, I zoomed in to show the commands scrolling off the screen

Message 40 of 70 (1,079 Views)