Re: Sim waits for hours before doing a command PS4

by Cisdaman

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Not a single Sim in my entire game will do anything!!   No matter which Sim I play,  they stand around doing nothing.  Items will NOT allow any interaction until you hove over them for a few seconds.  Time gets stuck and then  suddenly jumps forward 30 minutes only to then suddenly jump back 20 minutes!   

I have 3 different saves including one that had not been played since before the 1.33 update.  All 3 saves have the same issue!   I am about to try a new game,  but I fully expect to have the problem right from the start.   

I have paid good money to own every expansion pack, game pack and stuff pack except for a small few, and to have a game that has flushed all my hard work down the toilet is ridiculous!   

If I'm the only one having this problem,  please someone tell me how to fix it.   I do not want to delete this game,  but its totally unplayable right now unless the new game makes the problem go away  (at the expense of hundreds of hours of gameplay). 

Message 51 of 70 (1,202 Views)

★★ Apprentice

For what its worth,  the new game I started is working perfectly.  Of course it is,  because I don't have my tons of hours of gameplay tied to this,  but I'm letting my irritation get me off topic. 

I can only guess that my save was glitched somehow either by the update (and having saved before the patch fixed problems),  or just because there's too much stuff and too many Sims in that game world.  Or maybe its just the save bloat I've heard about.  Regardless,  I'm NOT happy about losing that saved game,  but at least I'm able to play again with all the packs I've paid for.  That's something at least.

Message 52 of 70 (1,186 Views)

★★ Apprentice

New games will always work perfectly. As you advance with your character, buy furniture, increase in level (work, music, artists, etc) it begins to slow down. Especially when you add members of the household or make your house larger and add more furniture.

EA has not had an answer to this in years snd they refuse to fix it. It's also like this on the pc and I have a gaming machine that isn't that old and I'm experiencing the same thing. My sim just stands around for a while, not like on the ps4 though, and then will act after a while. And I'm also experiencing the issue where you have them do something snd it disappears and the sim won't do what you want them to.

I've emailed EA and submitted a ticket and still have yet to hear from them. It's been over a year. That should give you an idea of how much they care about their game and their customers. They simply don't care. They refuse to fix this game, probably because they are working on a new one and they are expecting people to buy that and forget about the Sims 4.

Message 53 of 70 (1,182 Views)

Your sims won’t do anything ps4 sims 4

★ Apprentice

When I be telling my sims to go fly as a bat some were or go upstairs they won’t do it or when I tell them to chat with other sims they won’t do it they will just stand there and not do nothing also my sims won’t clean the house or anyone that I send them to clean they won’t do it when I tell them to they will stand there drops it on the floor or on the counter or table and when I tell my sims to go to the computer it will pop up 15 or 20 minutes for it and my sims will only take off they shoes downstairs and freezing going on in my game on ps4 when I start trying play my game and the new skin tone and the new update when I be on my CAS it doesn’t show up on my old sims it will show up on my new one if make one and there sims walking in my sims house that not welcome that doesn’t got a key to come in and when I try to throw a party none of the goal shows up and the only I can get them upstairs is teleport them FIX YALL GAME make a update to fix this bug please soon as possible this shouldn’t be happening to my game or anyone 

Message 54 of 70 (1,174 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Sim won't accept queued commands

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still encountering this issue, could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 55 of 70 (841 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [XB1/PS4] Sim won't accept queued commands

★★ Pro
@KCrayog This happens to me too except I'm on PC and have all packs except HSY and 2 kits.
Message 56 of 70 (752 Views)

Sims frozen in place

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except HSY and the two new kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim or few and queue some tasks for them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims will just stand there doing absolutely nothing, the tasks still in queue and the minutes ticking by. I have not been patient enough to see if they ever get around to doing what I tell them, but it lasts several real-time minutes.
What do you expect to see? The sims to do what I tell them when I tell them, not stand there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have made a brand new save with a werewolf couple in Henford-on-Bagley, and just today within an hour of starting to play I have had both of them just refuse to do the tasks I tell them to and instead just stand there as if there's nothing in their queue even though there is. It's extremely annoying. The only way to fix it, temporarily, is to go to the world view and then back in, but it happens AGAIN within minutes. The tasks are things like "clean shed" or "go to the bathroom" or "walk to this spot" and no matter what the task, they just STAND THERE instead of doing it. For sim hours. Just zoning out.

Please fix this, it's making my save unplayable.

Message 57 of 70 (750 Views)

Sim not moving

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.4.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game give a child a command and they will stay still.
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my child to eat they just stand still.Cancel command and then tell them to sit they continue to stand still. Adult swim is fine and able to move.
What do you expect to see? Child should do the given command unless there is an object in their way.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 58 of 70 (722 Views)

Re: Sim not moving

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Try emptying the child's inventory (possibly other hosuehold member's inventory too) as well as the household inventory.

Check if that makes any difference? You can also try travelling with the family to a different lot.

Message 59 of 70 (676 Views)

Re: Sim not moving

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue, we would like to collect affected save files.  Videos may also be helpful.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

Message 60 of 70 (2,713 Views)