My Maxis house keeps on freezing on me

by kitaboo777

Original Post

My Maxis house keeps on freezing on me

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs:Pets,get to work,get together,city living,seasons,,get famous,Island living & university. Gam packs: Realm of magic,strangeville,Parenthood, Vampires,Dine out,Spa day & outdoor retreatConfusedtuff pack knitting,tinyliving,moschino,pets, laundry,toddler,fitness,bowling, glamour,backyard,kids room,romantic,hangout,kitchen, patio and luxury
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know all I know is a got
What happens when the bug occurs? For some reason it’s like all the Maxis houses are full of bugs when I click on objects or other sims in my household to make them do a command they stay there for two minutes before they try and do the command which is only 10 seconds then the process repeats itself againFor two minutes
What do you expect to see? If I try to make them cook food they would go in Front Of the fridge and stand there for two minutes before they even opened it to take out the recipe and then they shut it and stand there for two minutes before they go to the countertop to prep the meal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It won’t let me upload a video Unfortunately

Message 41 of 67 (936 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Sim won't accept queued commands

★★★ Newbie

My game was operating wonderfully until I recently installed the Knitting, Cats and Dogs, City Living, and Vampires packs.  Now my sim will spend multiple sim hours standing there until I eventually cancel a command/s in the cue before finally moving on and completing a task.   I send them to sleep and they will either sleep until I wake them or wake up before fully rested.  Their arms move in strange positions when holding pets.  They no longer receive notices to leave for University or work.   

Message 42 of 67 (859 Views)

Hero
@ashleyelsb408 Are you on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 67 (839 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’m on console with all the more recent updates and I too am having the same issues. My sim just stands there for tons of sim hours and does nothing when told to. I got so frustrated with it that I uninstalled the game. It’s bad on the computer too but the sim doesn’t stand still for as long as they do on the console. Although there should have been a fix for this years ago. What is up with EA? Why don’t they care to fix their game?

Message 44 of 67 (834 Views)

Sims are still, not acknowledging demands.

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Many people have complained of the bug on another Page.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won’t follow tasks. They all pile up whilst my sim stands there, nothing is obstructing my sim and they’ll stand there until they pee themselves and will ignore their babies crying.
What do you expect to see? My sim to go to the toilet when needed or to follow any basic instructions and to move willingly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims aren’t recognise any demands. Even essentials like eating 

Message 45 of 67 (1,074 Views)

Re: [XB] Sim won't accept queued commands

★★★ Newbie

my sims do the same thing  there on the verge of death they wont eat, sleep, shower, or use the bathroom help!!!!

Message 46 of 67 (1,050 Views)

Re: Sim frozen in place until they die

★★ Apprentice

With the release of the patch yesterday (November 18), this is happening once again.  I had a sim freeze in place and as I tried to get him to move, or do anything, the commands I entered scrolled off the top of the queue.  It happened 2 times within an hour - on both occasions, I had to restart my game to restore the sims ability to move.  I discovered, in the past, that if I do not reload my game, a sim will stand frozen in place until they starve to death.  There are no warnings or signs this is happening.

Message 47 of 67 (1,001 Views)

Re: Sim frozen in place until they die

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheSolidRequiem Did you have a Winterfest in your game ? Just Sims freezing or time freezing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 67 (999 Views)

Sim waits for hours before doing a command PS4

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything installed except for Snowy Escape, Journey to Batuu, Kids, Toddlers and Dogs and Cats.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm guessing, just turn the game on and play a sim with the PS4 game. It's happening every time I play now.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will literally stand around for up to 3 hours of game time before doing a queued command.  Sometimes,  the commands don't even take at all and disappear.  Also,  the clock will suddenly speed up 20 to 30 minutes only to jump back the same amount a few seconds later.  This has happened several times while I watched.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to actually do the commands that he's given and for the game to work properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed it after the 1.34 fix for the no sound and crashes bug.

I'm on PS4,  and since the 1.34 fix,  my sims will literally stand around for up to 3 hours of game time before doing a queued command.  Sometimes,  the commands don't even take at all and disappear.  Also,  the clock will suddenly speed up 20 to 30 minutes only to jump back the same amount a few seconds later.  This has happened several times while I watched.

My sim is unplayable at home.  He does his Scientist job at the lab  just fine with no hesitation with commands.  Its only when he is at the home lot.  I saved the game,  and had him move houses thinking my house was too large (or had too much stuff),  but he instantly started standing around for hours on end at the new house as well.   

ETA:  I wanted to mention for clarity that after the 1.33 update,  my game save was my sim at a lounge.  He was accepting commands fine,  but with the game crashing and losing sound... I only played an hour or so before giving up to wait on the patch.  Its entirely possible,  that the Sim would have been standing around for hours at time at home after the 1.33 update.  I only noticed after the 1.34 fix,  and when I sent my Sim back to his house.

Message 49 of 67 (994 Views)

Re: Sim waits for hours before doing a command PS4

★★ Apprentice

Sadly EA couldn't care less about our issues. Their absolute silence on this thread should be evidence of that. What fixed it for me was completely uninstalling the game and never playing it again.

Message 50 of 67 (968 Views)