Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [XB1/PS4] Sim won't accept queued commands

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition Expansion
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Toddler asks adult for bedtime story
What happens when the bug occurs? Adult reads bedtime story while sitting on bed, after finishing, will only stand up from sitting but won't accept any queued command.
What do you expect to see? That the Sim will be able to resume any other function
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Only found one way to fix: by sending another Sim off-lot alone. However, other adult Sim is working and bugged Sim has work in half hour. Backing out to "Manage Worlds" didn't work.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 67 (29,834 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim not moving

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue, we would like to collect affected save files.  Videos may also be helpful.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 60 of 67 (2,306 Views)

All Replies

[PS4] Sim Doesn't Perform Actions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask your Sim to perferm an action i.e. Watch TV
What happens when the bug occurs? The action cancels and the Sim does their own thing.
What do you expect to see? The Sim carry out the action instructed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When playing over the weekend, quite often, when I select for my Sim to carry out an action, it will dissapear and they will instead go off and do their own thing.

Message 1 of 67 (29,354 Views)

Re: [XB] Sim won't accept queued commands

★★★ Apprentice

I noticed that too, my Sim refuses commands, but, I also noticed that it is when the Sim remains stuck in a room and can not leave where these refusals. I have to re-lock the door for the Sim and he goes out and obeys again. Do you notice this situation too?

Message 3 of 67 (29,750 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It isn't necessarily a refusal like a bubble appearing over his head with a question mark or with a "can't find path" sign. It's just that any queued command won't go into his action bar, it just hangs outside in the queue and eventually disappears. I eventually made the Sim leave the lot and it popped him out of it. Haven't run across the issue again as I aged up the toddler to child so there's no more bedtime stories.
Message 4 of 67 (29,736 Views)

[XB1] Queue action not working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living Vampires Party pack Holiday stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game on Xbox One and using the commands on a Toddler. For example, giving a Toddler a bath or feeding it. It will appear about the queue bar but won’t activate. Very frustrating when the toddlers needs are low!
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will just stand in place motionless and not do anything. Usually I have to cancel the action and retry over and over and over again until it works.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the action being performed straight away. This needs attention ASAP. it’s very, very frustrating.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue needs attention ASAP. Whenever I want to bathe my toddler or feed it, my sim will stand there and I have to keep retrying. Makes the game very annoying and also the Toddler is at risk of being taken away!!

Message 5 of 67 (29,738 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sim Doesn't Perform Actions

EA app Team

Hi @MrBobPeck,

Thanks for your report!

Could you take a look to this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB-Sim-won-t-accept-queued-commands/m-p/6444676#M52995

It describes a similar behaviour, do you think it's the same issue you are experiencing? If so, I'll merge the threads Wink

Thank you,

-Mai

Message 6 of 67 (29,300 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been having this same issue its sad I was really looking forward to playing this bugg free, but since day one I have had this issue.

Message 7 of 67 (29,692 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The only fix I've found for the toddler bug was really just having the affected Sim or another Sim leave the lot and come back. Immediately pause after each travel completes so you don't miss anything time sensitive (like my guy had to go to work). The toddler will be out of bed again, but whatever. You can move again.

I've since manually aged the kid up to young adult as I encountered a bug in the first two life stages (baby slept, didn't cry, got taken) and this toddler one. Had a separate bug that wouldn't allow me to save during childhood for whatever reason and I did the suggested workaround wrong and lost progress. There's also a bug in autonomy as unplayed Sims aren't taking care of themselves at all and even attempting a legacy challenge playthrough with all the bugs seems way more challenging than the actual challenge. Best of luck.
Message 8 of 67 (29,684 Views)

Re: [XB1] Queue action not working

★★ Novice

I've also been having similar issues.  Not sure if it's just since adding this child, or since downloading the Christmas stuff pack. 
Toddler and parents wouldn't accept any commands, to the point where the toddler nearly starved.  I aged up the toddler during a birthday party, where one parent was carrying the toddler to blow out the candles.  The toddler aged up to a child, but then the parent couldn't put him down.  When I exited the program I got a message saying that I couldn't save before quitting. 

Really really buggy and annoying. Not sure if I'm going to keep playing.. 

Message 9 of 67 (29,650 Views)

[XB1] My sims will not do what I tell them

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have a toddler or a baby, tell the sim to care for it in more than one way. They will not do all of it. Or if you give them multiple commands they kind of pick and choose what they want to do. OR you tell them to eat, hunger is in the yellow, they make the food, leave it, read a book or play chess on their own and then yell at me for not feeding them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim cries about needs being low and doesn't wanna listen when I say, "hey, dumb dumb, eat".
What do you expect to see? A whining Sim who doesnt wanna help themselves

The Sim just gets mad at me or something, idk

Message 10 of 67 (29,571 Views)