Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

by Chesterwolfberg

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

"Daddy,,, I'm scared,, that Knight helmet is wearing Grandma's dress and sounds like Gran talking though a Metal wind tunnel." The little girl shivers in fright as the knight's mask continues to knock on the door... The father steps lightly to the door and pulls the child into safety....

"Its okay Sylvie, I'll protect you from the strange thing claiming to be your Grandmother,, get back in the house while I send this night thing to the magic realm to duel me to the death (or at least unmasking)" The father points a Bone Wand at the intended Intruder....

------------Please, EA, Please, for the sake of my Sims daughter's mental health,,,, help......

Message 71 of 117 (2,289 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Chesterwolfberg No Mods,, I don't do mods,, thank you
Message 72 of 117 (2,288 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

2019-10-07 (7).png

Knights have taken over my world... ??...

I was trying to be comical with the first two posts, but no replies,??? really?thanks a lot EA... been 6 days and no response... Good since of humor only goes so far...

Message 73 of 117 (2,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have Llamas and Darth Vader:

10-06-19_7-18-24 PM.png10-06-19_7-21-40 PM.png

I went to Geekcon once and now the hats from the cosplayer generated NPC's got stuck on them for some weird reason.

Message 74 of 117 (2,214 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

okay, so this situation will work for most areas, --- Get a Closet - the square box, and place it on your community lot and you can change the clothing for the Offending sims, however, this doesn't work in locked lots like Making Magic.   So unfortunatly you still have it, but if you invite those sims to a community lot that has a closet, you can change their offending outfits then bring them back to Making Magic and then release them from your group.... Irritating fix, but it works..... Got grandma out of her outfit  for the time being anyway...

Message 75 of 117 (2,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hadn't really thought about it because I mostly see sims I've never played or created in odd outfits, but now I see ones I have made wearing weird things occasionally. To me it looks like the game wants everyone to wear a hat, so once it gives them a hat it won't clear it until it gives them a new one. So unless those sims have outfits with hats, they won't remove the one the game gives them when they change outfits. But sims definitely appear in weirder and weirder outfits each time more clothing options are added to the game.

The really odd thing is they'll show up to the spa looking normal, and then when they spin into a towel they'll put on a random hat and look ridiculous. So I'm guessing that because towel isn't part of their wardrobe it counts as a situational outfit and includes the last assigned hat. When really towel should be the swimwear outfit with only the towel replacing the swimsuit.

Oddly enough, when NPC sims show up to a clothing optional lot they tend to wear a normal outfit, get naked, and leave in a normal outfit. I very rarely see weird outfits on those lots (well, I only have 1 lot like that in the city atm).

Without having a clue how the game code is made, this bug seems to be matter of the game not removing items from empty slots when it switches outfits.

Message 76 of 117 (2,183 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay so did not work, I had invited Quentin off the lot and changed his outfit at a public venue with a closet, then came back to the Magic world, and boom, He is back in the helmet.... What ever... - so even setting his clothing by a closet that gives the choice to set clothing for NPC's is not working, even though he is a playable guy that I played for many hours.... 

2019-10-10.png

Message 77 of 117 (2,134 Views)

Betreff: Sims not wearing designed CAS outfits / wearing random Outfits

★★ Apprentice

I wonder, is EA / The Sims team even seeing these posts? They have to know by now that this situational outfit-feature is one that NOBODY wants to have! It's really ruining the game experience. Why won't they just fix / disable this for good?

Message 78 of 117 (2,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

For me the Goths look ridiculous. They’re spellcasters, and I play rotational with them. Every time I’m in another household and go to the realm I meet them in different outfits, Bella is always wearing a turban, I’m starting to think that she’s hiding Voldemort under it. 😂 The next time I play with the Goths they are in situational outfits. I change to their normal clothes, but the next time I come back they’re in situational outfits again. The weird thing is that not everything seems to be from the ROM pack, for example they may wear a shirt from ROM but a skirt from any other pack, and then of course they also wear the non-cleared heckload of accessoires that they’re basically stuck in for every situational outfit.

Also, Morgyn wears random clothes for cold weather, L wears knight’s helmet together with pink and yellow sports-wear, and Simeon wears pirate’s clothes. I don’t even know which situations these clothes are meant for. They’re stuck in it, doesn’t matter if I ask them to change to something else, the next time I meet them they’re in these weird clothes again.

I have some suggestions for the Maxis team (I hope a SimGuru sees this):

- Remove situational outfits altogether

or

- Give more outfit categories (i.e. like everyday, formal etc) for our sims, one for every situation, but then it would take forever to make a sim in CAS

or

- Let us make up to for example five situational outfits per body type and situation. That means, up to five female ya/adult/elder romance festival outfits, up to five male ya/adult/elder romance festival outfits, up to five female child romance festival outfits, up to five male child romance festival outfits etc etc for every situation. And it should be possible to not have situational outfits at all.

And sims should never get stuck in situational outfits.

Message 79 of 117 (2,032 Views)

★★ Guide

Just get rid of the situational outfits EA, please!

I have made peace with NPCs wearing ugly mismatched stuff but I spend so much time carefully choosing each outfit for my played sims, only to see them walk arround in those terrible situational outfits, one of my spellcaster sims is now wearing a starwars hat (the one that makes the skin blue) whenever she shows up in the magic realm and I am not playing her.

Why give them situational outfits when in the magic realm anyway? makes no sense and it doesn't look maical it looks terrible.

Message 80 of 117 (2,010 Views)