Sims not wearing designed CAS outfits / wearing random Outfits

by chaneyjess

Original Post

Re: [SAVES NEEDED] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

★★★★★ Guide

In my game, they like to wear Christmas hats all year!

Message 51 of 117 (2,299 Views)

Re: [SAVES NEEDED] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4. The sims will wear weird hats and accessory combinations walking through the active lot or at festivals, and the sim will still be wearing the same weird situational outfit if I swap to their household. 

Message 52 of 117 (2,271 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

★★★★★ Guide

looks like this is happening to situational outfits in Realm of Magic as well.

TS4_x64 2019-09-11 00-37-04.png

Message 53 of 117 (2,210 Views)

Hero
@mh4515 Lovely

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 117 (2,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I have seen screenshots from other people where they show up with the golden hats from San Myshuno as well. So the head accessories still seems to gets stuck on the situational outfits.

Message 55 of 117 (2,177 Views)

hijabi appearing on my characters when it was not chosen!

★ Apprentice

I do not have any  hijabi  on any of my toons in this game yet when I switch over to play another family it is put on my character. It has been stated this should not be happening. I do NOT want them on my character so get the bug fixed.  I don't care if some people like them, fine, but I don't nor do I want it on my characters.

Message 56 of 117 (2,155 Views)

Re: hijabi appearing on my characters when it was not chosen!

Hero
@tmcevoy1121 Merging this with the situational outfit issue. It's probably marked for random which is why it can occur on situational outfits your Sim is wearing while you're not playing them.

They should be removed when outside the situation but aren't (which is one part of this bug)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 117 (2,148 Views)

★★ Guide

Can confirm that this happens in the Realm of Magic too, in the realm itself. Clearly there's some sort of dress code going on for the place, since I see random townies sometimes managing to wear RoM cas pieces although they're not a part of their outfits. Most of the time the mortal festival style of clothes sneak through though. Especially baseball caps and eyeball rings and weird gloves galore, realm looking really more like Myshuno festival than magical realm. 

It would be really really wonderful to have some sort of control over festival (and similar) outfits. At its best we could have a menu of items we want the sims to use in a certain setting IF they are fulfilling the role of 'wearing stuff that's not in the actual outfits'. That way we could pick just RoM cas for realm, and occasional mishap in style would be up to that sim's lacking style, not immersion breaking nonsense. 

If that's too tricksy, as it probably is, could we at least have a setting option of where and if we want sims to use that kind of outfits at all, or come in their own clothes. I'm perfectly happy to micro manage and edit a bunch of townies to fit the scene, but it's wasted time when they don't wear what I assigned to them anyway.

Message 58 of 117 (2,074 Views)

Sims not wearing designed CAS outfits / wearing random Outfits

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs All Game packs All Stuff pack, except My first pet stuff, and Romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know, fix the coding for sims outfits in world
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims that are not currently, and actively being played dress in ridiculous outfits that were not a part of their CAS outfits. Sims will not wear outfits designed for them in CAS unless that household is currently being played.
What do you expect to see? All sims should only wear outfits that where designed for them by the player in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Can not upload images. 

Message 59 of 117 (2,072 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is even happening to the sages in the magic realm 😩 Simeon looks absolutely ridiculous in a brightly patterned turban and gray checkered blazer

Message 60 of 117 (2,055 Views)