Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears: Wants are very repetitive

by sirdayne

Original Post

Re: Wants/Fears: Constant want to 'listen to music'

★★ Apprentice

Just as an update for anyone that reads this my short term solution did not work lol. It was definitely short term. Went right back to being obsessed with listening to music after a while, one want right after the other so... yeah. Quite unfortunate.

Message 11 of 31 (1,642 Views)

Re: Wants/Fears: Constant want to 'listen to music'

★★★ Guide

Yeah, I'm playing a teen and the only want they seem to really have is to listen to music. After listening to pretty much every genre my sim likes will it then move on to something else. Usually "Talk to your crush" and "Fertalize a bush"  Trait - loves the outdoors so that one makes sense.  Sim literally has a "romance going on with everyone they meet which also seems to be a bug so "talk to your crush" is constantly changing.  If either of those are fulfilled, then it goes right back to "listen to music."

Message 12 of 31 (1,630 Views)

Wants and fear always start with listening music or end up with having babies

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions packs exclude high school, many game packs, some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create two sims and marry to each other. 2. Keep reset / full fill the wants. 3. Both Sims usually start with listening music and end up a want to have babies.
What do you expect to see? Display correct traditional Chinese translation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No idea why Sims always "want" to have babies.

Message 13 of 31 (1,605 Views)

Champion

I’m pretty much just getting wants rotating through the music my Sim likes. Listen to classical, listen to retro, etc. I had to buy her a radio since that’s all she ever wanted. Then there’s the fact you get 5 points just for taking care of your Sim every time a bar drops to red, from the situational wants, which seems silly. Why reward ignoring needs until they’re red?

I do occasionally get a “spend 8 hours in x location” based on traits - outdoors for loves the outdoors, on home lot for being a loner. But that’s it. The creative trait hasn’t thrown any wants yet, nor have any of the activity likes.

It gets boring fast since you can’t dismiss them anymore to get a different one - if there even are any different ones. The only other one I’ve seen so far was to chat with a random townie my loner sim hadn’t even met, while she was standing in the middle of her house with no one in sight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 14 of 31 (1,524 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@PipMenace What I finally did was remove all music likes from each of my Sims in CAS. That way, at least, they don't want to listen to music all day. They get no music wants at all which is a relief.

Message 15 of 31 (1,498 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PhoenixCordell This seems like a good workaround, but the whole system needs improvement if it is placing music likes as higher priority over everything else
Message 16 of 31 (1,476 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Married couple should have woohoo want instead of always having a want of making new baby.

Message 17 of 31 (1,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 31 (5,855 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Wants/Fears: Wants are very repetitive

★★★ Guide

I also have this problem, my sims always want to listen to music and the want never gets fulfilled no matter how long they listen to it. Also, the same fear returns over and over and over again no matter how many times it is resolved. This is seriously annoying and over time gives them angry moodlets that disrupt my game. Look I get they they worry about not fulfilling their dreams, we all have that fear but jeez it shouldn’t be stopping them from enjoying life! 

Message 19 of 31 (1,220 Views)

Champion
@SimGuruRitzy Would you accept a Dropbox link, or just Google Drive and OneDrive?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 20 of 31 (1,146 Views)