Re: [W] XP resetting points/Level

by milutinmujovic

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I’m having a similar problem but I’m not in a pack and I hadn’t unlocked lunar howl. I think it’s because I had a mod installed but when I took out the mod and started a new werewolf, he leveled up just fine while being in a pack

Message 11 of 35 (3,121 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@RandomNerd4088 I don't have any mods so this still doesn't work for me. :/
Message 12 of 35 (3,103 Views)

No werewolf ability point gain

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Werewolves, Dream Home Decorator, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Holiday Celebration, Grims Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occurred after Kristopher Volkov joined the household of a Sim I created. Unsure if this is only related to Kristopher.
What happens when the bug occurs? Kristopher Volkov doesn't gain a werewolf ability point, despite being "overmax." The Sim I created and was later turned into a werewolf does NOT have this problem, despite also being an "apex" werewolf. My Sim continues to gain ability points normally.
What do you expect to see? Apex werewolves, including pre-made ones, should continue to gain werewolf ability points.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Additional Information:

• I remember there used to be a similar issue with the Vampires pack, where vampires at the top rank no longer gained ability points.
  • My Sim was demoted a werewolf rank (went from Apex to Veteran werewolf) as a pack discipline prior to this issue coming to my attention. I can't rule out being demoted in rank preventing the Sim I made from having the ability point issue Kristopher is having in my current save.
Message 13 of 35 (3,081 Views)

Re: No werewolf ability point gain

Hero
@Memmykins I'm merging this with the main thread on XP levels resetting/no more points.

I'm seeing this too on Rory. She's just stuck in level points but she was never demoted in my game.

Do think it's all the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 35 (3,033 Views)

Werewolf cannot gain extra ability points after Apex

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.25.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living. Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves. Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Paranormal. Decor to the Max, Little Campers and Moonlight Chic kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Apex werewolves only after maxing our bar a couple times can’t do it anymore
What happens when the bug occurs? No ability point awarded when bar is full, tried other werewolves in same household and could rank up to veteran fine
What do you expect to see? An ability point and the bar to reset
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Photos:

Message 15 of 35 (2,967 Views)

Werewolf skill level drops

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Pc
Which language are you playing the game in? Finnish
How often does the bug occur? After a werewolf reaches apex level and tries to keep gaining points
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs; all game packs except journey to batuu, wedding stories and dine out; all stuff packs except moschino, fitness, bowling night, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen and luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become a werewolf. Gain werewolf skills until you reach apex level. Attempt to fill up the skill bar as an apex to earn an additional point. Filling the bar will grant a point, but also revert you back to veteran with a half full meter. The skill tree will lock it's highest tier again.
What happens when the bug occurs? See previous answer.
What do you expect to see? I expect to stay as an apex and get an additional skill point. I expect the skill tree to stay fully unlocked, and to be able to purchase the highest tier skills and others with these additional points.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I have removed them all, reset the resource -files etc. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? This has appeared with the new werewolf pack, as it is werewolf specific problem.

Message 16 of 35 (2,820 Views)

Re: [W] XP resetting points/Level/No more points

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 35 (2,785 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [W] XP resetting points/Level/No more points

★★★★ Guide

Similar issue as OP, levels kind of freeze's at 100% and never complete the level up, past one or two rounds. Apex werewolf, Beta in the Moonwood Mill Collective. Also, an interesting side note that seems to accompany this glitch (might be linked?) is the ability to do the werewolf specific romance interactions (wolf eyes and growl seductively) at a romance partner seems to vanish when this bug occurs. 

Message 18 of 35 (2,606 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [W] XP resetting points/Level/No more points

★★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this bug too. It happened to me on an Apex level werewolf who is not a member of either of the default werewolf packs. He gained his third extra point after reaching Apex and he was knocked down an entire rank. I tried to correct this with a cheat to add the appropriate number of points, and he was, instead, knocked all the way down to Pup.

Message 19 of 35 (2,528 Views)

Re: Werewolf XP bar bug

★★★ Newbie

Happened to me twice in different games. Once when I had an older PC, then I got a brand new one and it happened with my first gameplay. 

Message 20 of 35 (2,355 Views)