by tommynocker001

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [W] Excessive Werewolf transformation

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Many. Not Baatu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a werewolf. Cheat in the wolf temperaments. Include a toddler. Move them into simmyshuno
What happens when the bug occurs? The meter fills no matter what the werewolf is doing. The werewolf transforms. Rinse and repeat three times a day! Try raising that baby x)
What do you expect to see? A way to 'cool down' fury a little. A padded room with 'chill' lamps maybe for my crazy werewolf. x)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest Game mode werewolves. Second playthrough with same family but different wolf tempraments.

My werewolf is a single sim bringing up a toddler in sanmyshuno.

My self chosen werewolf traits are grumpy, restless animal, sensitive hearing and anti-capitalist.

The fury gain just on waking up is beyond extreme! Fury will half fill the bar just from getting out of bed to give the toddler some food. Throw in a shower and any kind of toddler play time and you have a werewolf on your hands which is freaking the toddler out with the change!  (I must add I love the idea of 'hug fluffy puppy' interaction! Also the interaction to have the werewolf in full change to 'read to sleep', I'm not sure even I could sleep after THAT bedtime story! x) I've taken abilities lunar resistance and will to resist to try to gain some semblance of a normal life but they seem to only quell the problem slightly if at all as they seem to come with a chance to fail.

Activities like working out or childcare should quell the fury with a buff except on full lunar cycles, so I can get on with bringing the kid up well. x) It might be an idea to have a moodlet lamp like the kids nighlight which will help to keep the fury at bay (or does something like this already exist in game?) Also a couple of new entombed fossils for normal dig sites called 'wolf print', 'wolf hair' and 'wolf fang' that can be dug up in general locations that if carried in the inventory, have a slim chance to change a normal sim into a werewolf, maybe? Pretty please?

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form by answers given, Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (3,230 Views)

Re: Werewolf transform every six sim hours or so.

★★★★★ Guide

I've noticed Fury gain is a little too quick as well, combine that with the Somber Howl skill that doesn't seem at all balanced to any werewolf except one who was lucky enough to get several Marks instead of four bad Temperaments (cooldown is too long and doesn't remove enough Fury) and you'll get some very scratched furniture, and let's not mention the wet floor Raised eyebrow

The Somber Howl skill could definitely use some tweaking, and as you suggest, add in a few items to reduce Fury gain around the house maybe.

Message 2 of 18 (3,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 8.0.1 8.0.2
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Many. Not Baatu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a werewolf. Cheat in the wolf temperaments. Include a toddler. Move them into simmyshuno
What happens when the bug occurs? The meter fills no matter what the werewolf is doing. The werewolf transforms. Rinse and repeat three times a day! Try raising that baby x)
What do you expect to see? A way to 'cool down' fury a little. A padded room with 'chill' lamps maybe for my crazy werewolf. x)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest Game mode werewolves. Second playthrough with same family but different wolf tempraments.

It's getting worse! I'm at veteran skill now and my sim werewolf is transforming 3 times a day! x)

I can watch the fury meter filling during the night so the sim freaks out first thing in the morning. I'm using 'the will to resist' to resist the repo of the toddler but it's failed five times in a row on one morning... making meal times impossible. The sim will be ready to fire again about midday, and at least once more in the evening... gah! Standard smile

I'm hoping I can hold out long enough to get 'lunar howl' which... at least erase some of the fury generation. But I bet any money I get left with the worst ones...

Message 3 of 18 (3,175 Views)

Champion

Four temperaments seems a lot? I thought each one gave a way that you would gain fury faster. I believe you usually start out with 0 or 1... no wonder you gain fury so quickly with four active. But maybe you can mitigate it by paying attention to what the specific triggers are?

"Grumpy" has a description "this sim might need a little extra rest in order to stay… balanced. Just don’t poke a sleeping wolf." - are you waking the Sim to feed the toddler, or letting them sleep until they wake autonomously?

"Restless animal" is "constrained while indoors, and gain extra Fury without anything fun to do" - are you keeping them inside trying to care for the toddler? Maybe they should take a break and go outside to play basketball or something?

And I can't imagine "sensitive hearing" is fun in a city. "things like TV, loud radio, instruments and other noise cause Fury to rise in this sim" Both toddlers and apartments sound like things that are noisy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 4 of 18 (3,163 Views)

★ Guide

I had a really chill werewolf first time round with the same family. The change showed up once every three days because of a need for 'red meat' (i thought I could order meat packages from HonB store and get it delivered. No dice there. The salmon went down well though. X)

Throw the neighbours woohooing every three days or so... yeah maybe just the Iron Man sims playthrough perhaps? x)

Message 5 of 18 (3,156 Views)

★ Guide

I went with the toddler bed so that the toddler gets a good long sleep period. This gives my werewolf plenty of sleep time and I let them wake naturally. Lot's of TV in the evenings with the Instavision Flat Panel. Spend time teaching the toddler during the day. Painting to earn a little spare money.

Hopefully I'll have enough to move somewhere... quieter soon. Raise chickens in HonB maybe or go paint in the desert perhaps? 

Message 6 of 18 (3,145 Views)

Champion

Maybe try removing the tv, since that’s one of the triggers? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 7 of 18 (3,129 Views)

★ Guide

Removing the TV??? You're going to make someone a terrible parent!!! x)

'Lunar howl' has had an interesting effect... my sim now has 'easily excitable', 'survival' and 'prideful' traits with 'mark of the forest', fury is now permanently stuck at maximum with NO WAY to change from wolf form. x) On the plus side, the TV is no longer a problem. I wonder how long my relationships will last with this status? I wonder if this will change with my next lunar howl?

Message 8 of 18 (3,085 Views)

★ Guide

Whatever happens, it's keeping me chuckling and that is the main thing. Standard smile Thanks for the replies.

Message 9 of 18 (3,082 Views)

★ Guide

Okay, some of the weird stuff that is happening;

Werewolves running in house hang up on every piece of furniture going. Clip through walls and take a weird route to reach their destinations.

Werewolf and child share a name. I don't mean just last name; first name, gender, pronoun, both are grafted together. Changing one changes both.

Message 10 of 18 (3,037 Views)