[FIXED] Videos from drone won't transfer to video station

by nayleenopher

Original Post

Re: [GF] The Recording Part Of And The Stream Bot Cant Upload

Hero
Do you have issues with other interactions ? Any last exception files in your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 55 (4,417 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/WORKAROUND] Videos from drone won't transfer to video station

★★★ Novice

Have the same issue,..

tried having the drone in inventory and then stood right beside the video station and I've tried placing the drone close by and then trying again - the action just dissapears (if it even shows up which it doesn't do very often) befor it get's down in the bottom half of the action queue (idk what that's called but well - hope you get the meaning haha)

Message 12 of 55 (4,386 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, sorry for late reply, I only got to sit down and test it again properly today. After playing around with it for ages I realised I didn’t try to repair the game through origin. Also at the same time I placed the video station and drone in a completely empty room where there was nothing around to make sure nothing was blocking access to it. And voila. For some reason it worked. Not sure if it was because of the repair or if previously there was something blocking the way (which it shouldn’t as I made sure there was nothing around that used moveobject) but mine is working now Standard smile thanks! 

Message 13 of 55 (4,364 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Videos from drone won't transfer to video statio

★ Apprentice

make sure you are sitting in the chair of the video edit computer, then tell the drone to transfer video, i also put the drone beside me.

Message 14 of 55 (4,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having a problem with the drone and videos.  I transfer the videos from the drone to the video station but instead of going to the video station they appear in my household inventory.  The video files look like little books and I can drag them from the household inventory and put them on the floor.  Once on the floor, the only thing you can do is rename them.  I can't drag them to the video station for editing or put them in any sims inventory.  So basically the files are useless!  My sims made videos and they only wound up in the household inventory and I can't use them.

Message 15 of 55 (4,135 Views)

Hero

Hi @jewelisgreat

are you using any mods in your game ? Sounds different from OP.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 55 (4,119 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

No I am not using any mods in my game.  It seems like the files from the drone are not being transferred to the video but rather just created as files that go into my household inventory.  I don't know what to do  Frown

Thanks!

Message 17 of 55 (4,099 Views)

Hero
Which drone are you using ? Did you try replacing the the video station as well as the drone ?

Does the same occur if you test this on a fresh save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 55 (4,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here

Message 19 of 55 (3,951 Views)

★★ Novice

This is exactly what happened to me too. So it’s been months since it was released and it hasn’t been fixed?

Message 20 of 55 (3,876 Views)