Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Videos from drone won't transfer to video statio

by vsandybeach

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have to be sitting at the video station before I can transfer video successfully from my drone.

Message 31 of 55 (3,043 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem 

Message 32 of 55 (2,993 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having the same problem, then realized there was no chair for the video station.  Once I added the chair to the video station, it worked fine.

Message 33 of 55 (2,957 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still experiencing this issue a save file would be very much appreciated, we've had trouble reproducing. Thanks so much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 55 (2,897 Views)

I just wanted to say that I have yet to see this issue since the April patches. I did have some issues, but now I can have a sim walk sim-miles to the station and it still works! Not sure if it's been fixed for anyone else or not.

Message 35 of 55 (2,853 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this issue as well. The only way I can get them to transfer is to open the drone inventory and click the individual video to transfer it. When using the media station it will not pull the videos no matter how close the drone is.

Message 36 of 55 (2,830 Views)

Hero

HI @ArcherAngelo 

QA is looking for saves for this one.

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 55 (2,822 Views)

★★ Guide

In case it's useful--I had the same issue as poster #15 once, but it happened directly after I moved my sim's household.  I believe but am not certain that I put the video station in the family inventory (the drones were in the sim's personal inventory).  All the videos in the video station's inventory (& I had at least 3, two fully edited & one not iirc) became nonfunctional; all I could do was drag them onto the floor.  Amusingly, after I'd left them there for some sim-days (rotated to another HH in the meantime), they converted themselves to trashfruit.  Old, unposted videos are just so much rotted fruit!  Large smile

As to the main issue:  transferring videos is wonky for me, too.  Drone has to be in just the right position, & I've had to experiment with each video station (rotational player here) to find the right spot.  Will try putting the drone in my sim's inventory instead--great idea!

Message 38 of 55 (2,759 Views)

Re: Videos from drone won't transfer t o video station

★ Novice
@crinrict This worked for me! My sim was outside the house. Now that she's next to the drone she could transfer the video. Thank you so much!
Message 39 of 55 (2,725 Views)

Re: Videos from drone won't transfer t o video station

★★★ Newbie

It still didn't work for mine but that's when I realized I didn't have a chair to the station. Then it started working. 

Message 40 of 55 (2,607 Views)