Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Videos from drone won't transfer to video station

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Jungle Adventures Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Landry Day Stuff Toddler Stuff Fitness Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Backyard Stuff Kids Room Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Spooky Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send drone to record neighborhood footage or to begin recording sims. Stop recording. Name recording. Click option "Transfer videos to..."
What happens when the bug occurs? Video from the drone never transfer to the video station. The action on queue just disappears as if it has been completed, but the video is still stuck in drone.
What do you expect to see? The video to appear in the video station from the drone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4 Platform:PC Which language are you playing the game in? English How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020 What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Jungle Adventures Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Landry Day Stuff Toddler Stuff Fitness Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Backyard Stuff Kids Room Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Spooky Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Luxury Party Stuff Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a drone from build/buy mode. Send drone to record neighborhood footage or to begin recording sims. Stop recording. Name recording. Click option "Transfer videos to..." What happens when the bug occurs?Video from the drone never transfer to the video station. The action on queue just disappears as if it has been completed, but the video is still stuck in drone. What do you expect to see? The video to appear in the video station from the drone. Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them. Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 55 (63,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Videos from drone won't transfer to video statio

Hero

• Sims that saw their Transfer Videos to The More Views Video Station interaction drop from the queue while doing other things will no longer have this occur. Because what is technology but helpful? And why shouldn’t Sims shower and transfer their drone footage whenever they want to amirite?

Fixed in Patch 1.74.59/ 1.41

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. Please make sure your video station has a chair.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 55 (27,703 Views)

All Replies

Re: Videos from drone won't transfer t o video station

Hero

Are you located close to the video station when you choose the action ? I've had it fail when I was still outside (from your picture they seem to be inside but maybe it's some kind of routing issue ?

Can you try if it works if you place the drone next to the video station ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 55 (63,086 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks it worked!!!
Message 3 of 55 (63,060 Views)

Hero
Glad it did.

I'm going to add this as Needs Input to the list for now.

Not sure if it's a bug or intentional. For me, it's wonky. I got it to work from outside as well but it failed other times.

So, gathering feedback, how many have issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 55 (62,980 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also have the same issue (without mods or anything). But it's fixed for now by standing close to video station like you were suggesting. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, by the way.Large smile

Message 5 of 55 (62,867 Views)

[GF] The Recording Part Of And The Stream Bot Cant Upload

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i own them all though this is a get famous issue.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? use the "gotta stream em all" item, try to record, let it finish doing the record interaction, then open it up, and try to upload to the stream station.
What happens when the bug occurs? the upload to stream station does nothing when it is ment to move the object from the gotta stream em all robot to the stream station's inventory
What do you expect to see? the "recorded" object move from the robot to the stream station
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16843837#Comment_16843837 

is the only thing i can help detail this as others are having the same issue as shown in the link above

Message 6 of 55 (62,697 Views)

Re: [GF] The Recording Part Of And The Stream Bot Cant Upload

Hero

HI @Davidsalter

merged your post with existing thread.

Can you try moving the drone closer to the video station and see if it works then ? Seems to be a hit and miss.

For me it always works, no matter where the drone is, if my Sim is already sitting at the station and then use the upload on the drone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 55 (62,697 Views)

EA Staff

@Davidsalter

The queue can cancel for the drone because it starts a new queue for the sim where they go over to the video station to start the transfer of the video. Does your sim perform that task?

Thanks! Standard smile

Message 8 of 55 (62,360 Views)

★★ Novice

saddly they do not, it seems to try but then just dumps itself leaving the sim just standing there in place Frown

Message 9 of 55 (62,352 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem as @Davidsalter.

Tried everything, putting the drone/bot in the sim's inventory, being close to the video station and nothing works. The task is initially in the queue but always cancels itself. The sim doesn't even try to action the task/start another queue and is just stood there, and the recordings are still stuck in the drone Frown

Message 10 of 55 (62,322 Views)