by SimonSofa

Original Post

[OPEN] Vendors in Sulani stand around

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but "My First Pet Stuff"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? The vendors stand around doing nothing after they're spawned. Pretty much it?
What do you expect to see? They should head to their stalls, wherever they are.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I just installed Island Living a couple of days ago. I've checked current states of mods on simsvip.com and have removed/updated my mods accordingly, but that being said, I don't have any mods that affect vendors.

What happens is that these vendors spawn (I assume they're for stalls in the neighborhood, as I'm playing on a residential lot and they spawn outside of the property), and they just stand there idling. They don't grow tired, they don't go home, they don't move around, they just stand where they spawned. I've not encountered this before in any other neighborhood so I don't know if the issue is the same outside of Sulani.  

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 18 (3,853 Views)

Re: Vendors in Sulani stand around

Hero
@tonichan89 Do you feel you get more of them that there are stalls or are the stalls all unmanned ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (3,809 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have seen this a few times.. when they spawn to work at the stall, they will spawn and then idle at the location where they spawn in from. I let them idle RL 5 mins then reset them. after a few secs they will run to their stalls. I think its b/c they drop ques ?

Message 3 of 18 (3,796 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LadyDarkSorrow I already tried the resetting thing, it does not affect them, unfortunately :/
Message 4 of 18 (3,757 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Sorry about the late reply. The issue hasn't been replicated since I have been playing some other lots; I just went back to the one where the problem used to happen and it just doesn't happen... which is good! But I don't know what "fixed" it or if it is permanently fixed, random or what. I'll speak up if I see the problem resurface.
Message 5 of 18 (3,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tonichan89 Which lot did you play on when it happened ? Do you have a fireplace ?

EDIT: Added for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (3,738 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Vendors in Sulani stand around

★★★★ Apprentice
I just noticed 2 vendors doing this in Lani St. Taz my game. One was standing idle just outside the public beach lot. The nearby vendor stand was manned by a different vendor. There was another vendor standing idle on the street outside the 30x20 lot next to the beach. That is the lot I was playing.
Message 7 of 18 (3,676 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Noticed the same problem. I play one household in the Ohan'ali town on the lot next to the Kealoha family. And one on the 50x50 lot in Lani St. Taz. I have a restaurant/nightclub in Lani St. Taz on the 40x30 (next to the perfect pier, right side, the uninhabited one). I noticed there's double the amount of vendors. So if there's two food stalls in the neighborhood then there's four vendors. Two are actually working in the food stall and the other two are idling, in front of my house or the restaurant/nightclub. Nothing helps to make them leave. I usually play with Mods but had the same problem when I tried on vanilla.

Message 8 of 18 (3,659 Views)

★★ Pro

@SimonSofa and @babajayne  I've seen this exact thing in my game. I think the game is spawning too many vendors for the stalls. I only see this is Sulani in my game. The Seasons and City Living food stalls have the normal amount of vendors working.

Message 9 of 18 (3,634 Views)

★ Guide

Got the same problem! They spawn in front of my fireplace in the 50x50 Lot in Sulani. If I don't tell them to go they just stay where say are, even have one swimming in the Ocean since about a sim-week (wanted to see if he'll die eventually). They seem to have no free will and no needs. But if I talk to them they have moodlets.

Message 10 of 18 (3,584 Views)