Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [VGSP] Butler will not complete assigned task (Patch 1.63.134)

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Re: Butler

Hero
@Shebalba64205 It's one of the bugs EA tried fixing many times but just doesn't seem to succeed ...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (616 Views)

Re: Butler

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Looking at the code 

<I c="Buff" i="buff" m="buffs.buff" n="buff_Role_Butler_States_DontGarden" s="152304">
<L n="_loot_on_instance">
<T>152313<!--loot_ButlerSituation_States_DontGarden--></T>
</L>
<L n="_loot_on_removal">
<T>152313<!--loot_ButlerSituation_States_DontGarden--></T>
</L>

When the buff is removed, it is added back again. Isn't surprising it keeps the state don't garden.

<I c="LootActions" i="action" m="interactions.utils.loot" n="loot_ButlerSituation_States_DontGarden" s="152313">
<L n="loot_actions">
<V t="buff">
<U n="buff">
<U n="buff">
<T n="buff_type">152304<!--buff_Role_Butler_States_DontGarden--></T>
</U>
<L n="tests">
<L>
<V t="buff">
<U n="buff">
<L n="blacklist">
<T>152299<!--buff_Role_Butler_States_Repair--></T>
</L>
</U>
</V>
</L>
</L>
</U>
</V>
<V t="butler_state_change">
<U n="butler_state_change">
<T n="butler_situation">145804<!--butler_situation--></T>
<V n="operation" t="disable" />
<E n="situation_state">GARDENING</E>
<L n="tests">
<L>
<V t="buff">
<U n="buff">
<L n="blacklist">
<T>152299<!--buff_Role_Butler_States_Repair--></T>
</L>
</U>
</V>
</L>
</L>

on top of that, the test is testing repair state not gardening state

Message 12 of 20 (571 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [VGSP] Butler will not complete assigned task (Patch 1.63.134)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 20 (507 Views)

butler wont complete task

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, cottage living, eco live style, get to work, island living, dream house decorator, dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, spa day, cool kitchen stuff, kids room stuff, nifty knitting, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? you hire butler, ensure there's bedroom and ask to cook meal or make drink, will take the simelons
What happens when the bug occurs? butler will go to kitchen but will just stand there or behind the bar, or if you have a newborn baby will let it cry,
What do you expect to see? the butler to actually do the jobs their assigned, if not folks should get reimbursed for games that don't work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

only patches if the original sims updated patches, 

Message 14 of 20 (402 Views)

[VGSP] Butler Does Not Perform Tasks

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.315.1020 (I think; it's the current updated version)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Basement Treasures, Bathroom Clutter, Blooming Rooms, Book Nook, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cool Kitchen, Cottage Living, Decor to the Max, Desert Luxe, Dine Out, Discover University, Dream Home Decorator, Eco Lifestyle, Everyday Clutter, For Rent, Get Together, Get to Work, Greenhouse Haven, Growing Together, High School Years, Holiday Celebration, Home Chef Hustle, Horse Ranch, Industrial Loft, Kid's Room, Laundry Day, Modern Luxe, Moschino, My First Pet, Nifty Knitting, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Pastel Pop, Perfect Patio, Realm of Magic, Romantic Garden, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Spa Day, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Werewolves (plus bonus pre-purchase & etc. content)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a Butler and assign them a bed, then use the Butler controls in the pie menu to request them to cook or do one of the other tasks.
What happens when the bug occurs? The butler charges the amount for the meal (in the case of the meal request) and says they cannot carry out the task due to missing equipment (untrue) or because they need to finish a task (they are idling)
What do you expect to see? The butler charges the amount of money for the meal (in the case of the meal request) and then cooks the meal, or does the task requested.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have the same issue as this bug report and this bug report despite it supposedly being " fixed " in a previous update. I hired a butler for my single-person household, assigned the butler a bed, and requested them to cook. The butler takes the funds but doesn't cook, or just straight up doesn't perform the tasks requested, and has the same pop-up message as described before. It's frustrating as I bought the pack because I liked the butler feature from The Sims 3, and almost always have a butler in TS3 households at this point because it's useful, but I'm losing faith in this being a viable option in TS4, despite having to pay extra for the feature. It's purely frustrating to pay for a game feature and have it not deliver what is described.

I do play with CC and Mods but I had the same issue when I removed them to test. So this is not a mod issue.

Message 15 of 20 (328 Views)

Re: [VGSP] Butler Does Not Perform Tasks

Hero
@myrandamiller91 I merged your post, since the second report you linked is still active

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (289 Views)

EA Sims Team
@myrandamiller91

Hello!

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 17 of 20 (276 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks! I wasn't sure how to submit all the info as a reply to this one, or I would have.
Message 18 of 20 (257 Views)

Hero
@myrandamiller91 Did you send your Save to EA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (237 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 20 of 20 (189 Views)