[OPEN] [VGSP] Butler changes after going to another lot

by MerrilynC

Original Post

Re: Butler changes after restaurant visit

★★ Guide

I have had something similar happen with two different saves. 

1. Vlad hired a butler to clean up after all his cats. After a few sim days, when I (Vlad) returned home from another lot the butler had changed from a man to a woman. The first sim was still alive and well, I checked. 

First I fired her and hired a new one. Got my original butler, but he got replaced by the same woman a sim week later. This time I ignored the change and continued to play. One day when returning home the man was back. 

This went on a few times before I quit using the butler.

If I refind this save I will send it to you

2. Judith Ward in her original home in Del Sol Valley. First got an elderly man, and later some woman came instead. the man was not dead. 

This time around it took much longer (in sim time) before the man suddenly showed up again one day.

Maybe he came sooner, I wouldn't know because these butlers would stand in the "butler standby" pose all the way down the "driveway" and almost by the Bailey-Moon household. I have since this fired the butler(s) and played many other households in this save, would it still be of use for you @SimGuruIcarus?

Message 21 of 124 (5,408 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You and me both @SimGuruIcarus! Devil

I was trying to narrow down what reproduces it in my save earlier last week and didn't have any luck. This was the same save that very recently prompted me to come find this thread. I'm pretty bummed, but I'm digging this household right now, so I'm sure I'll be playing it for the near future. I'll see what I can find.

The one thing I did notice before I actively set out to reproduce the bug was that the butler was being replaced by the same sim each time he disappeared. Then, one time after firing the imposter-butler and hiring back my old one, I visited a venue for the first time and the imposter was working the bar. Now, when I have a sim leave the lot, sometimes the butler isn't home immediately upon returning, but spawns a ways off the lot after a few minutes and comes home to work. My working theory is that my butler really is being removed from the household sometimes, but whatever pool of unemployed townies the game draws butlers from is either empty when the butler is thrown back into the pool OR my butler has somehow consistently ended up at the front of the queue. In either case he is selected each time the game assigns me a new one.

But who knows. All I can say is that I'll keep my eyes peeled for more shenanigans.

Message 22 of 124 (5,393 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MarleyTheWizardSame issue with the butler reappearing off the lot. Mine spawned across the street.

Message 23 of 124 (5,391 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [VGSP] Butler changes after going to another lot

★★ Guide

I'm having a similar issue; I fired a butler and hired a new one, left the lot, and found the original butler was back. Later left the lot again, and upon returning the newer butler was back again. This is at the penthouse in the Fashion District in San Myshuno. I have all expansions and packs except Laundry and Small Pet Stuff, and have never used mods or custom content.

Message 24 of 124 (5,356 Views)

Butler randomly changing, visitor management not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, city living, get to work, parenthood, vampires, spa day, outdoors, bowling, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a butler, change lots - resets butler. Command butler to manage visitors.
What happens when the bug occurs? Butler randomly changes when visiting another lot. Butler ignores door no matter what you set visitor management too. Resets to ignore after 24 hours or a reload.
What do you expect to see? Same butler... Managed visitors...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 25 of 124 (5,325 Views)

Re: Butler randomly changing, visitor management not working

Hero

@kmd1988517 merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 124 (5,311 Views)

Re: [VGSP] [DO] Butler changes after restaurant visit

★ Apprentice
I have the butler problem - have had it a long time so I quit playing butlers - now I am trying again but it has not been fixed. I leave the lot to "travel" - anywhere - and when I am back there is no butler (phone says dismiss butler so the game thinks I have one). Eventually another butler arrives - but it is a new butler. The butler I have built a relationship with is gone. Can fix by firing the substitute butler and hope to rehire the original...but waste of time and distraction.
Message 27 of 124 (5,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Has this been resolved? I'm on Xbox and this still happens. Everytime you travel and come back it's a different butler. I'm constantly seeing others in Sims 4 Facebook groups mentioning this as well.

Message 28 of 124 (5,134 Views)

★ Guide
Happens to me as well. I literally just posted on Facebook asking if this was a bug.

I have a favourite Butler- Alec. But he’s often replaced by this useless stranger who idly stands in the way of my sims baby while it cries.

We’re told to designate a room and bed for the Butler, but what’s the point if we don’t have one Butler dedicated to the household?

I just fired the useless Butler, but I know it won’t do any good- because when I hire Alec back as my Butler, he’s inevitably going to be replaced with this weirdo.
Message 29 of 124 (5,125 Views)

Re: Butler randomly changing, visitor management not working

★ Guide

Modded with MCCC, Better Butler, WW, Basemental, and Nisa's. I've fired one butler multiple times, but he keeps showing up in place of my preferred butler. I finally had enough and offed him with MCCC when I saw him at the gym. His ghost kept whacking at the punching bag like nothing happened. I've only seen two butlers show up at this household, so I'm worried this guy's ghost might arrive to butler.

Tried a fork of the save with all mods removed, and an entirely different butler showed up. I want my cinnamon roll butler back! Standard smile

Message 30 of 124 (5,098 Views)