by Evie0602

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [V] Vampires not protected from sunlight by umbrellas

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a vampire that owns an umbrella to perform an interaction outside when it is daytime and sunny.
What happens when the bug occurs? Though the vampire takes out the umbrella, they aren't protected from burning until the interaction they intended to perform is completed.
What do you expect to see? Vampires should be protected from sunlight when using umbrellas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Vampires are protected from sunlight if user-directed to open umbrellas, but are not protected when they autonomously open umbrellas while walking outside during daytime. This seems to happen specifically when they're told to do an interaction, like go here, talk with someone outside, examine a plant, etc. The vampire will open the umbrella, but will still be burning as they walk towards whatever they're trying to interact with. Only when the interaction is completed is the sunlight exposure buff removed. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (8,279 Views)

Re: Vampires not protected from sunlight by umbrellas

★ Guide

I have mostly similar problem.  I'll see the vampire take out the umbrella.  But it won't actually be blocking the sun until you walk briefly or initiate another action.

It should be simple, umbrella out, blocks sun everytime.

Another problem, if a vampire gets home from work.  They will just stand outside in the sun and die instead of going inside, or at least taking out umbrella.  Now if you take control of them and walk an inch, they will take out umbrella.  But if they get home from work, they just stand there. 

I have autonomy set so if you don't have control of a character they take control of themselves, yet for vampires in this instance they just stand there after work.  Seems like autonomy is locked until u take control of them briefly, then they finally start doing things themselves.

Message 2 of 12 (8,206 Views)

Hero

@Gooseyness You might wanna post/me too this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-NPC-Vampires-stay-out-in-the-sun-too-long/td-p/5851121

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (8,194 Views)

★ Guide
Will do, thanks friend!
Message 4 of 12 (8,189 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires not protected from sunlight by umbrellas

Hero
Added as needs input to get more voices on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (8,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do you get the umbrella for your vampire?
Message 6 of 12 (8,093 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@celiar58 If you have Seasons, then you can buy an umbrella rack and then click on it while your vampire is the active sim and tell them to take an umbrella. Then you will get to choose which colour umbrella you want them to have. Your sim should then automatically use the umbrella when going outside. 

Message 7 of 12 (8,074 Views)

Hero
As a few vampire sun/umbrella issues are on the patch notes, I'm wondering:

Is anyone still seing this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (7,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it's still an issue.  It has always been an issue for me since I've had vampires and seasons together, but I have never reported on it thinking that many people must be having this issue and should get fixed at some point.  Vampires SHOULD burn in the sun, so I just took it as the added difficulty of being a vampire, even though holding an umbrella is supposed to prevent this. 

What prompted me to finally look this one up, was I just now had a vampire in university step outside and open his umbrella manually so that when he goes to class he won't die, but even though I queued it up like others have said to avoid the debuff "sticking" he was still burning! I can usually avoid this by manually opening my sims umbrella for them, but this is the very first time it did not work.  I don't know if something in university made it different or what.  

Message 9 of 12 (5,414 Views)

Hero
@WhantSomeEggs Thanks for the feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (5,384 Views)